Cannot turn my phone on
Kath213

the power button does not work, phone is off, battery is charged (plugging in to charger does not cause power up) and it simply will not turn on.    is there any other way to power phone on besides the power button?  need to use my phone.....

0 Likes
Re: Cannot turn my phone on
Not applicable

That is unfortunate that you can not turn on your phone.  How long has this been happening?  Have you tried to put in a new battery in the phone?  Have you tried to do a master reset?  If not here are the steps to do so:

Power device off
Press and hold VOL Down and then Press Power button at same time until screen displays Boot Loader screen, then release keys
Press VOL down to highlight "Factory Reset"
Press Power Button to select option

Once you reset the phone it should boot up properly.  I hope this helps.  Thanks.

0 Likes
mwagner2

I have a similar problem.   After the phone is off for several days, it simply does not want to turn on.   Now, if I plug in the charger it will power on.    Or a store rep said to take the battery out and put it back in.     Both of these solutions seem most frustrating and unacceptable.   Is the HTC Incredible 2 simply a poor phone physically?    Do other Android based phones have similar problems?

Should I look for a different phone?

Thanks for any advice.

0 Likes
Acarey709

Had to get another replacement phone in the beginning of August because of a broken charging port! Received a brand new Incredible and now it keeps resetting itself in-tell i take out the battery, now i cant even get it to turn on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Acarey709,

I can imagine the trouble the device has caused with not turning on. If you're still having trouble I encourage you to remove the battery from the phone and connect to the charger while the battery is out. Leave connected for 30 seconds and then insert battery. This should cause the phone to show the charge occurring and then allow you to power on. 

Once this is done, make sure you have the latest software loaded into the phone by going to Settings -> About phone -> Software information and verify 6.01.605.05 710RD is the software. Let us know if this resolved your trouble.

Thank you,

MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TimmsFamily

I have the same problem and doing what you suggested doesnt work unless you repeat the process about a dozen times...

0 Likes