2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2011 3:53 PM by spottedcatfish RSS

Monthly Access Charges

randoo53

Hello, I am a new customer to Verizon and was checking out my first bill. I was aware that this bill would be larger than normal as I had a partial month in there but I was actually looking at the details. One of them was the "Monthly Access Charge". Ok, I get that. (for reference, I am paying for 2 phones on this plan)

I saw Monthly Access Charge on the 2nd page which is the overall bill. It was 9.99 plus the partial month. So far so good.  Then I look at the breakdown per phone and there is the Monthly Access Charge PER PHONE. Did I miss something here?  3 Access charges for 2 phones?  Is this normal folks?

Thanks in advance for anyones input on this as I am totally buffaloed as to how they come up with this stuff.

Randy

• 1. Re: Monthly Access Charges
          Mine is something like $60 for first phone and $10 for second phone plus $30 data for first phone. Total around $100 plus fees and taxes. That's for 700 minutes.
          • 2. Re: Monthly Access Charges
            spottedcatfish

With the new account level billing you will see a charge for the account, which includes the bulk of the Family Share plan cost, and then charges broken out for each line (the $9.99 fee, plus any add-ons like data or texting packages).  If you add up your bill, you'll find that it comes out to the published price for a plan with two lines.