6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2011 1:25 AM by spottedcatfish RSS

Early upgrades

kyle59

I was wondering if Verizon still offers and early upgrade option to primary account holders? If so, how do I find out if I am eligible?

• 1. Re: Early upgrades
          lewisr13

Assuming you're speaking of the "annual" upgrade, yes if you signed your contract before january 16, 2011. you're eligible 1 year after signing date.

• 2. Re: Early upgrades
            mdram4x4

lewisr13 wrote:

Assuming you're speaking of the "annual" upgrade, yes if you signed your contract before january 16, 2011. you're eligible 1 year after signing date.

and dont forget it will be the last, as they have done away with theis program

• 3. Re: Early upgrades
              dapercy

How does this work?  The verizon in-store reps have told me I can't do an upgrade until 20 months after my signing date.  I upgraded in Nov 2010.

What is the cost of the annual upgrade? 

And who have you worked with to make it happen (phone rep, verizon store rep, etc?)

• 4. Re: Early upgrades
                spottedcatfish

dapercy wrote:

How does this work?  The verizon in-store reps have told me I can't do an upgrade until 20 months after my signing date.  I upgraded in Nov 2010. The system will not display the upgrade until the exact day you become eligible.  So 1 year from your contract signing date, it will show and you will be able to use it.

What is the cost of the annual upgrade?  There is generally a $20 fee.

And who have you worked with to make it happen (phone rep, verizon store rep, etc?) You can definitely use the upgrade online, and over the phone with Verizon.  Corporate stores will also honor it.  Some premium stores may honor it as well, but not all of them.  Online third-party retailers like Amazon generally do not honor the Annual Upgrade or any other Verizon upgrade perks (like the loyalty discount).

• 5. Re: Early upgrades
                  bloodhawke

Do you get charged full price on an early upgrade?

• 6. Re: Early upgrades
                    spottedcatfish

bloodhawke wrote:

Do you get charged full price on an early upgrade?

You will be charged the 2 year contract price for the phone as well as the $20 convenience fee.