1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 26, 2011 4:35 AM by Wildman RSS

Voice guidance not working on Google Maps

CFTconnet

Hi everyone,

I tried to use the "search" button on this site but I found no posts on this topic.

When I first received my Droid Charge in mid-May I tried out the Google Maps navigation app and I seem to remember

it had voice guidance (a female voice would tell me when to turn and give me other information).

I don't use the Google Maps app often, as I have a navigation system in my car but when I'm in a friend's car

or if I'm walking around in unfamiliar territory I like to use my phone's navigation app.

Over the summer I realized it wasn't giving me voice guidance any more but I didn't really have time to deal with 

then. I tried using Google Maps a couple of weeks ago and again there was no voice guidance.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? I tried looking for some sort of voice guidance setting

on the app itself but I can't seem to find one. Besides I can't imagine why I would have turned it off or put it on 

mute if I had found one in the first place.

My phone's volume settings are all pretty high if not on the max. level already. I definitely may have missed

something  but I think it has more to do with the app settings than anything else.

If anyone has any suggestions or solutions I would really appreciate them.

Thanks