Voice guidance not working on Google Maps
CFTconnet

Hi everyone,

I tried to use the "search" button on this site but I found no posts on this topic.

When I first received my Droid Charge in mid-May I tried out the Google Maps navigation app and I seem to remember

it had voice guidance (a female voice would tell me when to turn and give me other information).

I don't use the Google Maps app often, as I have a navigation system in my car but when I'm in a friend's car

or if I'm walking around in unfamiliar territory I like to use my phone's navigation app.

Over the summer I realized it wasn't giving me voice guidance any more but I didn't really have time to deal with 

then. I tried using Google Maps a couple of weeks ago and again there was no voice guidance.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? I tried looking for some sort of voice guidance setting

on the app itself but I can't seem to find one. Besides I can't imagine why I would have turned it off or put it on 

mute if I had found one in the first place.

My phone's volume settings are all pretty high if not on the max. level already. I definitely may have missed

something  but I think it has more to do with the app settings than anything else.

If anyone has any suggestions or solutions I would really appreciate them.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice guidance not working on Google Maps
Wildman
Legend

Google Maps isnt the one with voice, you need to open the Navication  (Blue Arrow Tip Icon), this is part of Google Maps but it is the navigation part that has voice commands for navigation..

View solution in original post

Re: Voice guidance not working on Google Maps
Wildman
Legend

Google Maps isnt the one with voice, you need to open the Navication  (Blue Arrow Tip Icon), this is part of Google Maps but it is the navigation part that has voice commands for navigation..