Droid Incredible 2 - no sounds from speaker
mcnitt89

Cannot hear ringtones, alert tones or notifications. I can still make calls and hear thru the earspeaker, and i can plug in headphones and hear thru them.  just have to keep my phone on vibrate it sucks.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible 2 - no sounds from speaker
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Hate to ask, but have you tried turning the volume back up?  Just trying to cover all bases here and get the simple solutions out of the way first.

0 Likes
mcnitt89

Yeah i tried everything.  went as far as buying a replacement speaker from http://www.repairsuniverse.com/htc-droid-incredible-2-loud-speaker-replacement.html and still did not fix it.  i love this phone just wish i could get sound without using headsets

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

When you hit the volume rocker, does it show the volume slider?  If not, maybe your volume button is broken?  Try menu>settings>sound>volume, and change it there.  Otherwise, something (drivers maybe?) might not be working properly.  Other than that, maybe somebody with an X can give you better tips.

0 Likes
mcnitt89

Volume rocker works fine.  how would i know if its a driver?  its not rooted and still stock - recently updated to gingerbread. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately, without root access, there is no way to tell.  Seeing as you just got the update (I'm assuming this started happening after the update) you may need to do a factory data reset.  Verizon tech support will suggest this also and, if you try it, remember that all your settings and on phone data will be erased.  Your apps should re-install automatically and, assuming you are synced with your gmail, your contacts and some settings (wifi connections, bluetooth connections, etc.) should be returned, however, any in app data will be lost.  May be worth it, though, I personally believe that updates go smoother if a reset is performed first.

0 Likes
mcnitt89

It was doing it prior to the update.  and ive done 2 factory resets so far.

0 Likes
Not applicable

mcnitt89,

Hi! I'm sorry to learn about the speaker concerns you have, however I am here to help. Based on the information you've provided from your posts, a lot of troubleshooting has been completed and that's great! I would like to look at your account for specific information and hardware assistance. Please send me a private message for further help.

Thank you!

0 Likes
nicka0217

Just found this thread.  I'm having the same problem as this guy with the speakers.  Was working fine one minute and now no ringtone, audio, and most importantly ALARM!  Please help!

Thanks

0 Likes
2012mets

Same issue folks. Problem started about 3 days ago.  I really don't want a new phone.  HEEEEEELP! I did all the same steps that have been suggested.  No luck.  

0 Likes