Not getting calls or text from one phone number ?
FB1

I am not getting calls or text messages from only one number ( a family member ) . It is very important to get these calls and text messages as it concerns issues that are very important at this time . So why woould I not get calls , no missed call notification , no text ! I got a missed call notification from a friend , so would really like to know how to fix this . I have not changed any settings on my phone , or blocked any calls ....unless the phone did it on it's own. Very frustrating , who has the time to get this all figured out , for what these phones cost we should not have problems & calling should not be such a problem, they should be able to help !!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not getting calls or text from one phone number ?
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello FB1,

I know how important it is to receive calls and messages, especially from family members. Thank you Ballplyr14610 for your suggestion. 

FB1, is the family member also with Verizon Wireless? Or, are they with a different carrier? 

I ask this because normally, if you are having problems communicating with just one number, the issue could very well be with the other line.  If their service is with another carrier, please have them contact their carrier for troubleshooting. 

When this person calls you, do the calls go to your voice mail or do they hear an error message? When messaging you, does their phone act as if the message went through, but you just don't receive it?

Are you able to call this person and send them messages with no problem? 

If you are still having issues with this number, please feel free to send me a PM with your name and phone number. I will be happy to assist you further. 

Thanks so much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ballplyr14610

Go to the particular contact, click the menu button like you are going to edit the contact and hit options and see if some how the box for sending the call directly to voicemail got checked accidentally.  The exact same thing happened to a friend of mine on her phone and that was what happened.

0 Likes
FB1

thank you so much ! Did go check , it was not checked , so I should of got the calls. Will have to try to see what else I can do !

THANKS !!

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello FB1,

I know how important it is to receive calls and messages, especially from family members. Thank you Ballplyr14610 for your suggestion. 

FB1, is the family member also with Verizon Wireless? Or, are they with a different carrier? 

I ask this because normally, if you are having problems communicating with just one number, the issue could very well be with the other line.  If their service is with another carrier, please have them contact their carrier for troubleshooting. 

When this person calls you, do the calls go to your voice mail or do they hear an error message? When messaging you, does their phone act as if the message went through, but you just don't receive it?

Are you able to call this person and send them messages with no problem? 

If you are still having issues with this number, please feel free to send me a PM with your name and phone number. I will be happy to assist you further. 

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I have to agree with Christina. OP, if you are having trouble with one contact and only one contact, the odds are the trouble/issue is on their end.

Unless you accidentally blocked them with your MyVerizon account and the call blocking features.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes