5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2011 8:43 PM by hanyaboushanab RSS

Does iphone 4 from Verizon has sim card

Salman

Does iphone 4 from Verizon has sim card. I wil be doing frequent international travel . How can i unlock the phoe so that I can used the local available services outside of US.

• 1. Re: Does iphone 4 from Verizon has sim card
          spottedcatfish

No, the iPhone4S from Verizon does not use a SIM card.  It is not a global device, and it can only be used with the Verizon CDMA network in the US.  If you want an iPhone with a SIM card that you can unlock, you'll need to buy one from a GSM carrier, and the only one in the US that carries the iPhone is AT&T.

• 2. Re: Does iphone 4 from Verizon has sim card
            Tidbits

spottedcatfish wrote:

No, the iPhone4S from Verizon does not use a SIM card.  It is not a global device, and it can only be used with the Verizon CDMA network in the US.  If you want an iPhone with a SIM card that you can unlock, you'll need to buy one from a GSM carrier, and the only one in the US that carries the iPhone is AT&T.

Sorry you are wrong.  The iPhone 4S does have a simslot for a sim card and is a world phone :smileyhappy: You can get them unlocked based on Verizons policy just like any other device.

The iPhone 4 does not have a simcard though.

I will post up a picture soon give me a second.

Edit: Here is is.

IMAG0011.jpg

• 3. Re: Does iphone 4 from Verizon has sim card
              spottedcatfish

Oops, I thought the hardware between the 4 and 4S was more similar, I stand corrected.

• 4. Re: Does iphone 4 from Verizon has sim card
                Tidbits

It's all good.  The outside and screen is pretty much the same, but the inside is completely different.  It does share the same RAM, but overall the 4S is a large step above the 4.  A lot of people complaining it looks the same just doesn't understand the internals is what the 4S.  My wife upgraded to the 4S, and I still have the 4, and the difference is night and day as far as overall speed of the device when playing the heavier applications.  Siri is fun with those easter eggs.

Beam me up.

Will you marry me.

are my favorites so far.  It doesn't always say the same thing either.

• 5. Re: Does iphone 4 from Verizon has sim card
                  hanyaboushanab

I have the same question, I want the iphone 4 but im afraid its not going to work when i go to egypt in the summers and put in sim cards from there... I dont use the verizon service.