2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2011 12:27 AM by SuzyQ RSS

Outages

kteeple

Can you have a spot on the Verizon Wireless Community or the website that you can list when there is an outage with either the 3g or 4g networks?  That will be much nicer than spending an hour on the phone waiting to talk to someone when we could have know that it was a network issue and not just my phone.

• 1. Re: Outages
          budone

We have asked over and over and were told it is not in the public's best interest to post outages. My take is, it is not in VZW best interest to post outages and competitors would have a field day, even though they have the same issues.

• 2. Re: Outages
            SuzyQ

budone wrote:

We have asked over and over and were told it is not in the public's best interest to post outages. My take is, it is not in VZW best interest to post outages and competitors would have a field day, even though they have the same issues.

Regardless of interest and public image, I think having an outage board where known outages and predicted resolution times would go along ways towards a more positive public image.  Right now there's confusion, and by the time we get answers here it's well beyond dealing with....

A place where people could go, see there's an outage and when it's expected to be back in service, would eliminate a good deal of confusion.  If there is no known outage then we'll deal with that...if there is an outage then that's my problem and it will be fixed by ... whatever time/date.

Good idea...that we may or may not ever see happen.