1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 13, 2011 10:33 AM by kaebfly RSS

iCloud Back Up Working?

Have you been able to back up using iCloud? I can't. I have iCloud settings for Back Up On, yet everytime I try to Back Up Now it tries to back up but then I get an error message "There was a problem completing the backup. Please try again later.

Apple's iCloud servers must be slammed right now, I'm guessing this is the problem.  From http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/systemstatus/

• iCloud: Account - Users Affected: Some

10/13/2011 01:37 PDT

Users may experience intermittent slowness when logging in to iCloud Normal service will be restored ASAP. We apologize for any inconvenience.

So, I'll wait and hope this is resolved soon. 

From what I've read, for backing up over iCloud, WiFi must be enabled and connected via USB cable to a PC/Mac, correct? So, unlike an Android phone which backs up over WiFi or the cellular network without any cables, iCloud still requires a computer?

• 1. Re: iCloud Back Up Working?

Fro what I understand, it needs to be plugged into a powersource but I don't think it has to be plugged up to a computer. I might be wrong....at any rate, hopefully the issue will be corrected soon. All 3 of my devices backed up fine last night (2 iPhones and an iPod Touch)....after 3 different update experiences lol. I finished well before the time shown in that system status you posted though so I was lucky enough to miss that.