Iphone 4 Text Messaging Problem
Ming

Okay so i'm having trouble with text messaging on my Iphone 4...everytime i try to send a message it comes up with an error and i have the MMS turned on too and idk why i can't send text messages. I don't want to jail break until they come up with a newer jailbreak version with a guide because when i tried jailbreaking using an older guide it just froze my Iphone 4 after i tried to reboot after entering a url onto Cydia...Need help! Either that or i should take it to the Verizon store and have them check it out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 4 Text Messaging Problem
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Take it to a VZ store (or call CS) to get assistance. Can't advise you on jailbreaking...and chances are your post will be edited because of the mention. As far as the texting goes...is it doing this with every number you try to text? Is it only certain numbers? Have you tried resetting your iPhone to see if that helps? Restoring? *228 option 2? Those are the first things that will likely be done wihen talking to a tech support person...so you might want to try those things first. Now if it's only certain numbers that this is occurring with...is it possible that the number you are texting is disconnected? I know (now) that if it's a VZ customer and their phone is disconnected (even temporarily) that any attempts at texting them will give you the red error on your end. Of course, this might not be the issue in your case but any possibility doesn't hurt being mentioned.

0 Likes
Ming

Yes it is doing this with every number i try to text and i tried resetting and restoring but i'll try doing the *228 option 2 and if that doesn't work then i'll just take it to a VZ store or call CS like you mentioned. Thanks for the help! I've been having trouble figuring why texting isn't working on my Iphone 4.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Hopefully the issue can be easily taken care of. Have you had trouble texting from your iPhone since you got it or did this suddenly start occuring?

0 Likes