Replacing Phones under Warranty
arrrbee

Hello,

I've been having many frustrations with my Droid 3. I was hoping that the reason android update would fix them but it hasn't. i'll go to my phone and it'll randomly have a new background. i'll get a text and it will randomly have a different text message tone. or i'll get a phone call and the ringtone will be one entirely new to me. the "data enabled" box keeps randomly unchecking itself.

I've tried the hard resets, the factory resets, etc. and I've decided I'd like to have Verizon send me another device.

I've done this before with previous phones and it was relatively hassle free. Got a replacement device in the mail, shipped back the first device, no worries.

However, my Droid 3 has a cracked screen. I fell while holding the phone and broke the glass. Considering this problem is cosmetic, I haven't done anything about it. The touchscreen is still completely responsive and the image quality is the same. However, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would affect my warranty swap.

If I get Verizon to send me another Droid 3 and I send them back one with a cracked screen, will they get mad at me or try to charge me for a second Droid? because if so, I guess I'll just have to deal with the phone's problems.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Replacing Phones under Warranty
Not applicable

It is unfortunate that you are having these issues with your phone.  If your screen is cracked then that voids the manufacturer warranty.  I would be more then happy to do some research on your account to see if I can come up with alternative replacement options for you.  Please PM me your Name and Number and I will review your account and see what options I have for you.  I hope this helps.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The warrenty covers manufacturer defects and usually doesn't cover physical damage and if you got the insurance they will probally replace the device but charge you the deductible for the replacement device but I am unsure because I haven't ever damaged my device like that and attempted to get it replaced.

I would probably suggest that you read your warrenty information before making a decision how to proceed.

0 Likes
arrrbee

I don't have the insurance on my phone. I know that warranties are meant to cover manufacturer defects, not physical damage from my own idiocy. However, the reason I would like the phone replaced is the manufacturer defects. if they want to send me back a droid 3 with a cracked screen that works fine, I'd take it.

anyone from verizon read these boards and might be able to answer this question?

0 Likes
Not applicable

It is unfortunate that you are having these issues with your phone.  If your screen is cracked then that voids the manufacturer warranty.  I would be more then happy to do some research on your account to see if I can come up with alternative replacement options for you.  Please PM me your Name and Number and I will review your account and see what options I have for you.  I hope this helps.  Thanks.

0 Likes