2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2011 9:12 PM by SuzyQ RSS

Family Shared Data Plan

jco23

I know this topic has been tossed around for quite some time (especially since VZW went to tiered data plan fee schedule this summer) - but I have not seen/heard of any other developments.

When searching for "verizon wireless family data plan 2011", one of the links is to VZW's website  and contains the following line, "Bring the power home. Share your pool of minutes, texts, data and more on up to five handsets."

but when contacting VZW, they claim that there is no such beast as "sharing data".

so, which is it?  I'm sure that if we as consumers made enough noise about it, then VZW will make shared data available.  VZW has already showed some compassion by offering a lower data package ($20/month for 300 MB) for those in mid-atlantic - some I'm hoping it won't be long before a family shared data is available as well.

• 1. Re: Family Shared Data Plan
          rcschnoor

jco23 wrote:

I know this topic has been tossed around for quite some time (especially since VZW went to tiered data plan fee schedule this summer) - but I have not seen/heard of any other developments.

When searching for "verizon wireless family data plan 2011", one of the links is to VZW's website  and contains the following line, "Bring the power home. Share your pool of minutes, texts, data and more on up to five handsets."

but when contacting VZW, they claim that there is no such beast as "sharing data".

so, which is it?  I'm sure that if we as consumers made enough noise about it, then VZW will make shared data available.  VZW has already showed some compassion by offering a lower data package ($20/month for 300 MB) for those in mid-atlantic - some I'm hoping it won't be long before a family shared data is available as well.

That is a link to an old Verizon website which had wording which could have been better. Verizon has since changed the wording on their website to more accurately reflect their pricing scheme.

• 2. Re: Family Shared Data Plan
            SuzyQ

jco23 wrote:VZW has already showed some compassion by offering a lower data package($20/month for 300 MB) for those in mid-atlantic -

Regional only promo?  This would be ideal for me - and I would gladly be limited to 300 MB and save $10!!  My BB is very data efficient.....