1 2 3 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2011 11:06 AM by rcschnoor RSS

    Push upgrade date for iPhone 4s release?

    rudymadethis

      I currently have a Droid X that I got back in summer 2010. I am not due for a free upgrade til March 22, 2012. I really want an iPhone 4s and don't want to have to wait 6 months to get my hands on it when a possible iPhone 5 would be lingering in the future. Is there any way possible that I can get my upgrade date pushed up for the release of the iPhone 4s?

       

      I am not willing to cough up over $650 for a iPhone 4s. It would be more cost effective to just cancel my service at Verizon and jump on to Sprint and nab the iPhone 4s there for $199. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that because I am happy with the service provided at Verizon. Can anything be done to help me out?

        • 1. Re: Push upgrade date for iPhone 4s release?
          mdram4x4

          rudymadethis wrote:

          I currently have a Droid X that I got back in summer 2010. I am not due for a free upgrade til March 22, 2012. I really want an iPhone 4s and don't want to have to wait 6 months to get my hands on it when a possible iPhone 5 would be lingering in the future. Is there any way possible that I can get my upgrade date pushed up for the release of the iPhone 4s?

          NOPE

           

          I am not willing to cough up over $650 for a iPhone 4s. It would be more cost effective to just cancel my service at Verizon and jump on to Sprint and nab the iPhone 4s there for $199. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that because I am happy with the service provided at Verizon. Can anything be done to help me out?

          dont forget your etf


          so vzw gets you the 4s, then the 5 comes out and you want that.

          where does it end?

          • 2. Re: Push upgrade date for iPhone 4s release?
            DeadlyCyclone

            I also have this question. Most wireless providers allow you to renew your 2 year contract early and get a new phone for a fee. I remember when I was on US Cellular it was $10 per months remaining or something.

             

            I am not waiting for the 5, I just would like to upgrade to the 4s and renew my plan next week instead of February.

            • 3. Re: Push upgrade date for iPhone 4s release?
              CaptNasty

              I am scheduled for upgrade on 01/19/2012. 

               

              I went to the following site: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone to check if I would be eligible for upgrade pricing.  After specifiying that I have a Verizon Wireless account, I was prompted for 4 pieces of information to identify myself and my account.  The result was that I AM eligible for upgrade pricing. My wife's phone is scheduled for upgrade on 04/29/2012 and a check of her phone number revealed that she is not eligible for upgrade pricing until 04/29/2012. 

               

              There is obviously some criteria for accelerating the upgrade date, and luckily I qualify :smileyvery-happy:.  I know that online or over the phone you can often talk your way into an early upgrade if you are close to a three month window from your upgrade date.

               

              I suspect that three months (Give or take a few days) is the magic number (Since I am three months and 4 days from upgrade date when the iPhone 4S releases).  Go to the site I provided and see what it tells you then let us know.  If enough people do it, we should be able to figure out what the policy is.

               

              UPDATE: I just logged onto MyVerizon and checked my account.  I noticed that next to my phone there is green text that says "Eligible for a discount".  None of the other phones on my account have this text next to them.  I think this is the deal where you get a $100 discount for a while prior to becoming eligible for Upgrade pricing.  I think this is your key.  Log onto your MyVerizon account, I suspect that any line that is eligible for "discount" will also get upgrade pricing on the iPhone 4S. 

               

              • 4. Re: Push upgrade date for iPhone 4s release?
                budone

                CaptNasty wrote:

                I am scheduled for upgrade on 01/19/2012. 

                 

                I went to the following site: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone to check if I would be eligible for upgrade pricing.  After specifiying that I have a Verizon Wireless account, I was prompted for 4 pieces of information to identify myself and my account.  The result was that I AM eligible for upgrade pricing. My wife's phone is scheduled for upgrade on 04/29/2012 and a check of her phone number revealed that she is not eligible for upgrade pricing until 04/29/2012. 

                 

                There is obviously some criteria for accelerating the upgrade date, and luckily I qualify :smileyvery-happy:.  I know that online or over the phone you can often talk your way into an early upgrade if you are close to a three month window from your upgrade date.

                 

                I suspect that three months (Give or take a few days) is the magic number (Since I am three months and 4 days from upgrade date when the iPhone 4S releases).  Go to the site I provided and see what it tells you then let us know.  If enough people do it, we should be able to figure out what the policy is.

                 

                UPDATE: I just logged onto MyVerizon and checked my account.  I noticed that next to my phone there is green text that says "Eligible for a discount".  None of the other phones on my account have this text next to them.  I think this is the deal where you get a $100 discount for a while prior to becoming eligible for Upgrade pricing.  I think this is your key.  Log onto your MyVerizon account, I suspect that any line that is eligible for "discount" will also get upgrade pricing on the iPhone 4S. 

                 


                There is no $100 discount prior to two year pricing. You are eligible most likely if you are the account owner and you have one last annual upgrade available. You get two year pricing but no add'l discount and you forfeit your NE2 credit. And you MAY have to pay $20 add'l for using the annual upgrade.

                • 5. Re: Push upgrade date for iPhone 4s release?
                  vereyezuhn

                  Verizon did NOT allow any annual upgrades or early upgrades for the iPhone 4, they won't allow it for the iPhone 4S either.

                   

                  They will not push your upgrade date up, and will not allow you to use your annual upgrades. You must CURRENTLY be eligible for your NE2 upgrade when the iPhone 4S is released to be able to purchase or pre-order one.

                  • 6. Re: Push upgrade date for iPhone 4s release?
                    DeadlyCyclone

                    Well that's just kind of crappy. You'd think to keep some happy customers and get renewal money early Verizon would let people upgrade early (within reason, say 6 months or less out) so they would stay with the company. May just be easier to switch to Sprint as the early termination fee + new phone on Sprint would be cheaper than buying the full priced phone on Verizon.

                     

                    With the iPhone 4s and Nexus Prime coming out it would be a great time for Verizon to run an early upgrade campaign right before the holidays.

                    • 7. Re: Push upgrade date for iPhone 4s release?
                      mdram4x4

                      DeadlyCyclone wrote:

                      Well that's just kind of crappy. You'd think to keep some happy customers and get renewal money early Verizon would let people upgrade early (within reason, say 6 months or less out) so they would stay with the company. May just be easier to switch to Sprint as the early termination fee + new phone on Sprint would be cheaper than buying the full priced phone on Verizon.

                       

                      With the iPhone 4s and Nexus Prime coming out it would be a great time for Verizon to run an early upgrade campaign right before the holidays.


                      you would think to keep vzw happy and in business people would honor thier contracts

                      • 8. Re: Push upgrade date for iPhone 4s release?
                        DeadlyCyclone

                        mdram you seem to be quite against anyone getting anything a bit early, what's the deal? 

                         

                        It is not the consumer's "job" to keep Verizon happy, it is Verizon's job to keep consumers happy.

                         

                        Maybe it would be benefitial to Verizon to offer 1 year contracts and charge a bit more for them so people who like to get new phones sooner could purchase one every year.

                         

                        Letting people upgrade early never hurt Verizon in the past, not sure why they did away with it now.

                        • 9. Re: Push upgrade date for iPhone 4s release?
                          mdram4x4

                          DeadlyCyclone wrote:

                          mdram you seem to be quite against anyone getting anything a bit early, what's the deal? 

                           

                          Maybe it would be benefitial to Verizon to offer 1 year contracts and charge a bit more for them so people who like to get new phones sooner could purchase one every year.

                           

                          Letting people upgrade early never hurt Verizon in the past, not sure why they did away with it now.


                          im against people thinking they are entitled to things

                          you signed a contract and knew new phones were coming

                          why cant you wait like everyone else?

                           

                          vzw used to have 1 year contracts, they did away with them about the time the iphone came to vzw

                           

                           

                          1 2 3 Previous Next