I can understand how frustrating that can be. I see that you have completed some troubleshooting steps already. We need to further troubleshoot the issue as there is no other option to navigate through the device without the touch screen working. Please send me a PM at your earliest convenience with your mobile number and a contact number where you can be reached. I will contact you to further assist you with your device.
Hi I have the exact same problem where the screen of my Droid phone first generation does not work. I cannot unlock it and I'm afraid I have lost all of my business contacts and have some text messages I need. If there is a way you can message me or call me to walk me through I would greatly appreciate any help.
Not to sound like a broken record but I am having the same problem.
It started this morning after I had to do the fix to get my text messaging to work correctly. (clear data/cache under manage apps).
I have tried taking the battery out and also starting the phone in safe mode, it is still happening. and it even happens when the phone is locked, it will try to unlock itself.
I read in one of the other posts that you can do a factory reset but I am honestly hoping there is a different way....
Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Same problem.........my screen will not even light up!!! Was working fine until the upgrade and now I am having all kinds of problems. Tonight has been the worse! My battery went dead after not even using the phone hardly, then my screen completely stopped working and now it freezes up when try to tun on. Stays on the Droid screen.
Thanks for your posting, as well as the other community members.
It does seem as if you have completed many troubleshooting steps for your Droid 2. It seems as if a factory reset is the next step. I know you mentioned that this is not something you want to try, but it would be the next logical step in the troubleshooting process.
It's important that you back up the data on the device to a PC before doing the reset. This can be done easily by connecting the device to the USB cable and a PC. Then select "Mass Storage" on the device.
Once this is done, please follow these steps for the master reset. There are two master reset options, as well as an option if you already have the 2.3 software downloaded (Gingerbread)
Factory Reset option 1
- From the main screen, touch menu tab
- Touch Settings
- Touch Privacy
- Touch Factory Data reset
- User has the option of Erasing SD Card - if desired check "Erase SD Card"
- Touch Reset Phone
- Touch Erase Everything
Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:
- Your Google account
- System and application data and settings
- Downloaded Applications
It will not erase: Current System software and bundled applications; SD Card files, such as music or Photos
Factory Reset option 2 - Warning this will reset device back to original factory settings.
- Turn off the phone
- Power on phone while pressing "X" key on qwerty keypad - release "X" and power key after you see Motorola batwings.
- You should now see an "!" in a triangle with Android guy
- Press the "Search" key on qwerty keypad to enter factory menu, this will unhide the menu and show the following options
- Reboot system Now
- Apply sdcard:update.zip
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Use Vol Up / Vol down to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset" and then use Camera side key or Menu key to select "wipe data/factory reset"
- Use Vol Up / Vol down to navigate to "Yes delete all user data" and then use Camera key to select "Yes - delete all user data"
- Wait for operation to complete (maybe 1 minute or so) and then press camera key to select "reboot system now"
Factory Reset with 2.3 Software - Warning this will reset device back to original factory settings.
- Power the device off.
- Press and hold the Power button then select Power off
- If the device isn't responding Remove / replace the battery
- Press and hold Volume down and Volume Up, the press Power
- Display shows Available boot modes
- Normal powerup
- AP Fastboot
- BP SBF Flash
- BP Only
- AP BP USB Bypass
- BP Tools
- Use volume down to scroll to "Recovery", press Volume up to select
- Once display shows Android triage screen, press Volume up & Down at the same time
- Display shows Android Recovery
- Options are:
- Reboot System now
- Apply Update from SDCard
- Wipe data / Factory Reset
- Wipe Cache partition
- Use volume down to scroll to Wipe Data/factory Reset, press power to select
- Display shows Confirm Wipe of all user data - This can not be undone
- Use volume down to scroll down to YES - Delete All data - Press Power to Select
- Device will perform format wipe
- Display then shows Android System Recovery
- Ensure reboot system now is selected then press the Power button to select
I hope this information is helpful for you. Have a good day!