4g LTE on cruise ship
NoMoDep

Will my hotspot work on a cruise ship? there is a cell tower on board.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4g LTE on cruise ship
jason2302

You can use it, but it'll still be slow and you'll be charged a LOT for it. It's really not worth it. If anything, find out where their computer lounge is and pay to use one of those.

0 Likes
Andreas601
Contributor - Level 1

jason2302 wrote:

You can use it, but it'll still be slow and you'll be charged a LOT for it. It's really not worth it. If anything, find out where their computer lounge is and pay to use one of those.

Agreed, don't even turn your MiFi on...cruise ship roaming charges are ridiculous and you most likely will regret it. :smileyhappy: Enjoy your cruise.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

NoMoDep wrote:

Will my hotspot work on a cruise ship? there is a cell tower on board.

Greetings and thanks to the community for providing feedback on the question of hotspot service! Hello to you, NoMoDep! I agree with the community. Your hotspot should work while aboard the ship. I would recommend contacting the cruise line to confirm what kind of on-board Internet support you can expect. I saw that WiFi was mentioned as an option, so you may choose that as well. 

Verizon Wireless also offers Internet options while aboard ship and in many of your destinations. If you're interested in pricing and terms, please use this link to find out more!

VZW International Services

Have a safe and pleasant journey and thanks again!

0 Likes
andlamv
I was stupid when i was on carnival dream and i had a. 200 doller charge on my account international roamong ..it good though to use it when your cruising next to flodia but as soon as you go into international waters stop using it
0 Likes