kymberlaine, I understand your frustration with this feature and I would check the voice command feature on your phone. Please let us know if this resolves your issue.
1. From standby mode, press[MENU].
2. Press Settings & Tools.
3. Press Tools.
4. Press Voice Commands.
Note: The Voice Commands feature has several settings which allow you to customize how you want to use it. Access Voice Commands, then press the Right Soft Key [Settings]. You will have fiver choices, you will need to choose the "Prompts" menus option to change.
1) Confirm Choices: Automatic/Always Confirm/ Never Confirm
2) Sensitivity; Adjust the sensitivity as More Sensitive / Automatic/ Less Sensitive.
3) Adapt Voice; If the phone asks you to repeat your voice command too often, train the phone to recognize your voice patterns. -Choose from Words/ Train Digits
4)Prompts Mode: Prompts / Readout + Alerts/ Readout / Tones Only Audio Playback: Speaker phone /Earpiece Timeout: 5 seconds / 10 seconds
5) CLR Key Activation: On/ Off
I believe you should:
1. From standby mode, select [MENU]
2. Select "Messaging"
3. Select "Settings"
4. Select "TXT Auto View"
5. If "On + Readout" is turned on
5a. select "On" if you want your new incoming texts to appear on the screen automatically even if you're talking/surfing
5b. select "Off" if you want your new incoming texts NOT to appear automatically