LG Cosmos 2 - Remove Backup Assistant?
cinematic6436
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm trying to remove Backup Assistant from my LG Cosmos 2. I don't need to have my contacts list updated on a daily basis. I've deleted it twice, and it keeps coming back. There's no longer an option to delete it like there was the previous two times. I also don't have a data package, so as far as I can tell, this is costing me an additional charge. How do I get rid of this program?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos 2 - Remove Backup Assistant?
Not applicable

I just posted the same thing under another thread.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello cinematic6436,

Backup Assistant is a great feature that is optional.  The application is pre-loaded on the Cosmos 2 and can not be completely removed. You can cancel the subscription and choose not to use the application, however you will see it under your list of applications.  If you have not been successful you would need to complete a factory reset to do so.  Click here to see visuals to complete factory reset.  Please keep in mind everything will be erased from the device so please backup prior if desired.  After the reset the device will prompt to be re-activated by dialing *228 send option 1.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
cinematic6436
Enthusiast - Level 3

TominqueBo_VZW wrote:

Hello cinematic6436,

Backup Assistant is a great feature that is optional.  The application is pre-loaded on the Cosmos 2 and can not be completely removed. You can cancel the subscription and choose not to use the application, however you will see it under your list of applications.  If you have not been successful you would need to complete a factory reset to do so.  Click here to see visuals to complete factory reset.  Please keep in mind everything will be erased from the device so please backup prior if desired.  After the reset the device will prompt to be re-activated by dialing *228 send option 1.  Thank you.  

I don't care if it stays on my phone so long as it doesn't start itself up anymore and try to back up my contacts.

How do I set it up so it doesn't try to back up my contacts anymore? I see options for when it'll upload my contacts, but not to stop it  completely.

0 Likes
volcom123

I am also having this problem. When I wake up it is frozen. This is really sad customer service here. How do you delete it! I am sick of it charging me money!

0 Likes
cinematic6436
Enthusiast - Level 3

We're all still waiting for a reply. How do I cancel my subscription to Backup Assistant?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Cinematic6436, I can certainly assist you with removing Backup Assistant from your phone. Please follow these instructions on our VZW support site. Afterwards, the application will be reset and contacts will no longer be saved on the website. You will want to make sure your contacts are backed up elsewhere. Also, I want to point out that you are not charged for daily use of Backup Assistant. The application is free to use. Also, since the application is pre-loaded on the device, there are no data transport charges to download the application.

0 Likes
av8tors32
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please don't tell me what features are so great I HAVE to use them.  I don't want the backup assistant.  You don't need to know why and your job is not to convince me to use this app.  How do I turn off the AUTO backup on the COSMOS 2.  I will MANUALLY sync with the backup assistant when I want to...not every night.

This should not require a hard reset and loss of data...thats just silly

Enthusiast - Level 1

Let's be honest - the Backup Assistant isn't a bad idea, but a sad implemenation!  My wife just received her new Cosmos 2 and she's having to charge the phone twice aday because every time she picks up the phone it is in the backup assistant and has drained the battery.  This is a major NO GO on this phone and if I can't get it stopped today it will be going back in the box and back to the Verizon store...  Ok Phone, horrible Verizon software!!!  So, tell us how to fix it....

DC

cinematic6436
Enthusiast - Level 3

As instructed, I took the following steps to disable Backup Assistant's automatic backup feature:

1. Go to Apps and start Backup Assistant

2. Select "Options"

3. Select "About"

4. Enter *73738#  (note: it won't appear anywhere on the phone's screen when you type it)

5. Exit Backup Assistant

Backup Assistant hasn't bothered me since.

0 Likes