Multiple drives on my Droid Bionic
Chasman19

When I plug in my Bionic to my PC, I get 3 drives.

a drive (E) with the Motorla logo and a few programs including one called motohelper.......exe

a drive (F) with 6 folders including "Android" and "media" among them

a drive (G) with 1 folder "LOST.DIR"

I'm hoping the G drive is the one to upload music to, but none of them have a free space status

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Multiple drives on my Droid Bionic
Wildman
Legend

Chasman19 wrote:

When I plug in my Bionic to my PC, I get 3 drives.

a drive (E) with the Motorla logo and a few programs including one called motohelper.......exe

a drive (F) with 6 folders including "Android" and "media" among them

a drive (G) with 1 folder "LOST.DIR"

I'm hoping the G drive is the one to upload music to, but none of them have a free space status

Any ideas?

(E) is the drivers for the usb connections that is a autorun drive

(F) is the actual sd card storage

(G).....  Now this is a new one, do you have any external drives plugged in?  What happend to this drive when you unmount drive?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
(G) The 8 GB internal storage on the DROID Bionic that is available for user information?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
(G) The 8 GB internal storage on the DROID Bionic that is available for user information?

Oh so they decided to allow users access to that storage area after all, I figured it was restricted to the device only...  Thars cool to know..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
It seems so. At least that's how I interpret this review.

http://m.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-bionic-review

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Chasman19

Now today all I see is the drive (E) with the USB drivers and the Removable drive (F) with a few folders.  The drive that I loaded music on to yesterday (G) is not visible anymore, yet the music is playable.  Any ideas?  BTW, my F drive, where I intially tried to load the music files from my original Droid, ran out of room.  G drive had plenty of room, it's just invisible now for additional mp3 files.

0 Likes
Chasman19

I have access to the Internal Phone memory, but not the SD Card, per my Bionic file manager.....what's going on?  This is when my phone is connected to my laptop and USB drive is enabled

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Chasman19 wrote:

I have access to the Internal Phone memory, but not the SD Card, per my Bionic file manager.....what's going on?  This is when my phone is connected to my laptop and USB drive is enabled

When your phone is connected to the computer with the USB drive enabled, the phone has unmounted the SD card to allow the computer to see the SD card. This is the normal behavior. How that relates to getting the internal phone storage mounted to the computer and accessible to you through the computer, I don't know.

0 Likes
Chasman19

Using the file manager on m y Bionic, I found that when I plug my phone and use it as a USB drive, I can access the phone's internal memory but not the 16MB SD card that is added.  That's the memory I want to access for additional music.  That's the card I should be able to access when connect the phone and enable USB access.  At least that's how my original Droid worked

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Chasman19,

I know having music on your device is a neat feature.   If you have not resolved this I would like to assist.  Please make sure the mass storage mode is on and the usb debugging is on as well.  Click here to follow visuals for the mass storage mode and here for debugging.  You should see the removable disk area to add and remove music, pictures and videos to your memory card.  If you still need assistance please advise so I may further assist.  Thank you.   

0 Likes