My bionic won't connect to my wifi router, it keeps saying it's authenticating then it disconnects. My husbands (cough) iphone is connected and all our computers are connected and fine. I noticed it when I was downloading an app (battery widget & free tetris) from the market (that keeps crashing btw) and it is telling me "download size requires wi-fi" - I also cannot seem to cancel the downloads either. I've pulled the battery twice to see if that helps. I don't know what else to do.... I've downloaded many other apps/widgets without any problems. HELP PLEASE!!
Boy this is starting to bring back memories, seems that the Bionic has Droid X tendencies because so many of the bugs that we worked through with 2.1 seems to have came back with 2.3.4 in the Bionic...
Is your router wireless N supported because a number of users had issues with routers that didn't support Wireless N and the only way they got connected was by dropping security to wap encryptions of disable encryption..
Try that and see if it connects, if it does you know whats causing the issue.
I'm having a similar problem, but with a twist. I have a home wireless system using a D-Link DIR-615 router which otherwise seems to work just fine with several laptops/Ipods connected to it. However, when my wife and I try to connect our brand new Droid Bionic phones to it, it connects, but we can't actually get it to do anything. I have it password protected and the passwords work just fine. Both phones say they're connected, but they don't actually pass any data along that I can tell.
I am also having this same problem of being able to connect via Wi-Fi but not being able to connect to the Internet.
I DO have it working on my Home Router, but I can't get it to work anywhere else, like Wi-Fi cafes or friend's homes.
In Wi-Fi settings I have Wi-Fi, Open network and Secure network checked.
When I go to the Advanced Settings, I have Peer to peer (Ad-hoc) channel set to Channel 1 (what does this mean?)
Wi-Fi sleep policy is set to Never
My MAC address is c8:aa:21:1a:ff:6c
Enable Auto IP is checked
What should I change to get this working?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
I fixed this by switching my routers channel from auto to an assigned channel (any will suffice).
This worked for me. Assigned to Channel 9 vs.. AUTO and Bionic connects every time. Thanks.
Verizon reps, learn from this guy. Power cycling and other suggestions DID NOT WORK. This worked fine.
I'm sorry your having issues connection to the Internet on phone. I rely heavily on my phone to connect to the Internet all day and know how inconvenient this can be and I'm here to help.
The issue you are experiencing has been reported as a known issue and will be address in a maintenance release update very soon. Until then you can power cycle the phone whenever it isn't connecting to the Internet as a temporary work around.
I truly appreciate your patience as we work diligently to resolve this.
My friend and his wife have Droid Bionics that could connect to wifi around town (hospital, McDonald’s, Starbucks, etc) but not to his wifi at home. They both had the 5.9.905 software on their Bionics. At his home he has a Netgear WPN824 v3 router (capable of B and G but not N) with fully updated firmware. The router was already set to channel 6 instead of auto and no mac filtering was turned on. When he would try to connect to the wifi at his house his Bionic would connect to the router but blocked apps from passing data back and forth and they would finally time out. The bionic would show a strong wifi signal and the wifi icon would be blue.
His encryption type had been ‘WPA-PSK [TKIP]’ and according to some forums we read that should have worked. We tried upgrading his phone to ICS leak .232 according to http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-bionic/582536-some-links-help-you-ics-back-updated-8-4-12-a.html and we were very surprised that this did not fix the wifi problem.
It turned out that by turning off all encryption on his router his phone was finally able to pass data. I changed the encryption to ‘WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]’ and that seemed to do the trick for both their phones. I suspect that if you have a similar problem you could try changing to no encryption and if that works try one of the other encryption types and maybe one of them will work for you. I hope this helps someone get their Bionic and wifi working and saves you some time.