droid incredible not receiving messages
jarai15

In response to my incredible telling me I had not enough storage space (which I had plenty of space) I factory reseted my droid incredible 1. However, in doing so, I no longer receive text messages. I can send them but I can't receive them. Has anyone encountered this problem and know a solution? 

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: droid incredible not receiving messages
KarneDawg3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just saw someone post on the HTC forums, in a thread related to this same issue.

Ok, I called HTC and they had me go to a website and download something.  Now it works!  Call 1-866-449-8358 from 6a to 1a EST.

So I called that number and spoke with CSR.  She provided the URL for me.  It's a direct link, so it points directly to the file.  According to her, you point your phone's browser to the URL (as opposed to downloading the file to your computer and trying to transfer it over), and your phone will execute the file accordingly.  I haven't tried doing this yet because my girlfriend is at work and has the phone on her person.  But if anybody wants to give it a shot, here ya go:

http://dl3.htc.com/misc/inc8049.apk

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sbledso1

I have the same issue of  not receiving messages. Can send but not receiving messages.

Please Help..

0 Likes
sbledso1

droid incredible not receiving messages

I forgot to add this is after  OTA Update of 2.3.4

Please Help :smileysad:

0 Likes
TheSan

I agree - This is the worst piece of crap update ever.  Verizon needs to seriously look at whats going on here.  My girlfriend and I both have INC's, and hers will no longer receive text messages since the Gingerbread update.   Her dialer storage keeps on growing and growing (it's now at 61.29 meg)  I'm assuming the incoming messages are getting stuck in there somehow, and not being relayed to the message app (we've always used handcent, but I've tried deleting that too and just tried to get the regular message app working, but to no avail.)  The dialer storage app no longer has an option to "clear data" since the update either.  I don't really want to reset her phone, because from what I've read, that doesn't even always work.  I have tried everything I can think of - short of smashing the thing.  It's not rooted, and has always been stock since we bought them.  Luckily for now we had WhatsApp installed, so at least we can message each other. 

If anyone has ANY ideas - please advise!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have you guys went in an cleared your Msg's that can sometimes foul things up give it a try. Also hit Menu > settings > Manage applications Then tap All then scroll down down to Messages. Enter then tap Clear Cache / Data an then force close then tap the home.  shut the phone down Via pulling the back cover an then pull the battery then Hold down power button a few seconds then reinstall battery an cover turn it back on then see if your messages will start coming in. Let me know if this works for ya . B33

My X is a year Old... But it's still good as Gold ! :smileytongue:

0 Likes
TheSan

I definitely have on ours...I've wiped everything there is to clear.  Tried clearing data on the messages app, several battery pulls, etc.  Everything seems to be getting sent to the dialer app and it's growing and growing (and not able to clear the data - it's greyed out).  Still no Incoming SMS's (she can send out just fine though..) Verizon better provide a solution to this fast, or they'll be losing a 7+ year customer very soon.  They've obviously released an update that has not had nearly enough testing on their and/or htc's end. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

jarai15 wrote:

In response to my incredible telling me I had not enough storage space (which I had plenty of space) I factory reseted my droid incredible 1. However, in doing so, I no longer receive text messages. I can send them but I can't receive them. Has anyone encountered this problem and know a solution? 

Look for a PM (Yellow envelope in the upper right hand corner.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

TheSan and sbledso1 look for a PM. (Yellow env upper right hand corner)

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Mine is working Okie Dokie. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
kmd527

Having the same problem, can you help?  I rely on texting at work to communicate with doctors...

0 Likes