Can't login to gmail 503 80104: System is unavailable to support the request message
jazzy75

Won't let me do anything on the phone - have to login to gmail and get the above message.  Gmail works fine on the computer.  Brand new phone - 24 hrs old.

0 Likes
Re: Can't login to gmail 503 80104: System is unavailable to support the request message
Wildman
Legend
Here's a forum that may explain the nature of issue but it doesn't cover the solution completely.. https://answers.launchpad.net/sameplace/+question/26732
0 Likes
Re: Can't login to gmail 503 80104: System is unavailable to support the request message
Not applicable

jazzy75 wrote:

Won't let me do anything on the phone - have to login to gmail and get the above message.  Gmail works fine on the computer.  Brand new phone - 24 hrs old.

Good afternoon!

I'm eager to help get this concern resolved for you! I did research our resources and found no related information. What I would like you to do is clear the cache and data from the Gmail application. Tap 'Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Apps>All>find Gmail app, tap to open it. Select 'Clear Cache', then 'Clear Data' This will re-set the sync in Gmail to your phone and clear about any potential bugs. All of your gmail/emails will return to your phone once you re-launch the Gmail application like normal.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Bernoulli

I ran into this problem trying to set up a second Yahoo email address through the system client on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.  Here's what solved it for me.  I doubt all these steps are necessary, maybe only the last one, but here's how it worked for me.

• I cleared the cache and the data (which cleared out my still-working first Yahoo account), restarted the phone, tried setting up the second Yahoo account again, but it still didn't work. 
  • So then I tried setting up the first Yahoo email again.  That worked fine (again). 
  • So I tried the second Yahoo account again.  Still didn't work.
  • Then, for whatever reason, I tried setting up the second Yahoo account again but instead of choosing "Yahoo" as the account type, I chose "Others".  Bingo.  It worked just fine.

Out of curiosity, I really want to try setting up the second account again using "Yahoo" as the type to see what happens, but I don't want to rock the boat.  I'm just happy it's working.

0 Likes