Help! Started getting No Service Vodafone NL last night.
penguin25

I started getting this last night.  I also get Mobil Network Unavailable or possible invalid MMI Code. 

I have tried the following:

- Rebooting

- Shutting down and restarting

- Hard boot (removing battery with phone on

- Removing battery with phone off

- Dialling *228 and trying to select option 2

Any help at this poing would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Help! Started getting No Service Vodafone NL last night.
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello penguin25,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue. I want to confirm your current location. May I ask are you in the Netherlands? If so, have you  contacted us prior to your travel to have the global services activated on your device? If you are using a Verizon Wireless SIM card while in Europe on your Incredible 2 then please verify that the global setting is active on the device. I have the steps listed below.

1.  Press Menu & select Settings

2.  Select Wireless & Networks

3.  Select Mobile Networks

4.  Select Global Mode

If the steps above have been verified to be correct in the device and you are still experiencing lack of service, then encourage you to call our global support team. The number to call while roaming internationally is 908-559-4899. Calling us from another phone other than you cell is preferred. We look forward to hearing from you so we can get your service restored. 

Thank you...

0 Likes
nick02351

I am getting this error message as well, I tried all the steps the other poster did, but am still getting this error.  Any help you could provide would be appriciated.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

nick02351 wrote:

I am getting this error message as well, I tried all the steps the other poster did, but am still getting this error.  Any help you could provide would be appriciated.

Hi nick02351,

The error noted on the subject of this forum appears to be in relation to roaming service while outside the United States. Please call our global support team while roaming internationally at 908-559-4899. Once you contact our global support team they will be able to call you back to avoid any phone international calling expenses for you. We look forward to hearing from you so we can get your service restored.

0 Likes
scshulman

I'm having the same problem.  A month ago my phone started trying to get service from Vodofone NL.  As I'm in New York City, this obviously led to no connectivity.  After a day, it went back to regular Verizon.  Two days ago, however, it started trying to connect through Vodofone NL again.  It has not reverted back to Verizon and I am without service.  I am not in the Netherlands.  Why is my phone trying to connect to Vodofone NL?  And how can I get it to connect again to Verizon?  Am I being charged for roaming fees?  I shouldn't be - I haven't left NY since having the phone...

0 Likes
pandiel

Just had this problem today. Was able to get rid of it by reseting my phone from holding down the power button. Kept all my data but started me back on verizon.

0 Likes