1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2009 8:07 PM by Jagger-VzW RSS

M2M

Jess1ca

My boyfriend and I both have verizon, but my online account is saying that I have to pay for those minutes.  I haven't gone over my minutes, but since he's the main person I talk to, I was going to go from 1400 minutes to 700 a month, cause that would be more than enough, if I don't have to worry about my minutes with him.  What's going on with this?? I thought if he was verizon, I wouldn't have to worry about it??

• 1. Re: M2M
          SuzyQ
          What calling plan do you have?  MOST plans have unlimited M2M calling, but there is a prepaid very basic plan that does NOT, and you are charged by the minute for any call.  With a 700 minute plan, though, it sounds like you have a plan that covers M2M.  Sometimes our M2M show up in our peak minutes for a day or so, and then the #'s adjust, and the billing has always been correct.  Maybe that's what's happening?
          Message Edited by SuzyQ on 08-12-2009 07:57 AM
          • 2. Re: M2M
            qztfwq

I have the basic 700 minute family plan and also thought that any calls to a Verizon Wireless customer were not charged to my minutes. I noticed that I had charges on my latest bill once I exceeded my minutes for people that I knew were Verizon wireless customers so I called verizon to ask this very same question.

Much to my surprise and after some double talk from the customer service rep I learned that there is no such thing with any plan that limits minutes. The only thing that vaguely resembles this is the friends and family plan which allows you 10 phone numbers for people regardless of carriers.

This was a complete shock to me and I'm not really sure if I had been misled by Verizon's advertising or what I had been told when I signed up with Verizon. Buyer beware I guess.

• 3. Re: M2M
              qztfwq

One other thing...When I called the Verizon service rep every time I ask the question "are calls to other verizon wireless customers charged against my minutes" she would say "not on off-peak hours" which means anyone regardless of carrier. I asked this several times and even asked her if the verizon to verizon call feature does not exist and she would say "it does on non-peak hours".

Yikes!

• 4. Re: M2M
                SuzyQ

qztfwq wrote:

One other thing...When I called the Verizon service rep every time I ask the question "are calls to other verizon wireless customers charged against my minutes" she would say "not on off-peak hours" which means anyone regardless of carrier. I asked this several times and even asked her if the verizon to verizon call feature does not exist and she would say "it does on non-peak hours".

Yikes!

Yikes is right - if you understood what the rep said and he/she understood your question.  The way you have presented it here, what you have been told is not correct.

Quoting from Verizon's home page, Family plan description -

Unlimited calling to all 80 million Verizon Wireless customers

Your 700 peak minutes are used for calls to NON-VERIZON Wireless numbers.  Calls to Verizon landline numbers are charged against your 700 minutes, but calls to Verizon cell phone numbers are not.  The rep was wrong.

Can you go into a store, with your bill?  Check the numbers being charged peak usage with Verizon's handy little tool and see if they are indeed, IN Network.  And if your plan meets the following criteria, then your Verizon to Verizon (wireless, not landline) is free and unlimited:

Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Calling

Stay connected to your loved ones with America's largest Mobile to Mobile Calling family.

• Talk all you want any time of the day with other Verizon Wireless customers.
                • Included on Verizon Wireless Nationwide Calling Plans starting at $39.99 and higher (from within the Nationwide Coverage Area).

HTH, and let us know how it works out.  Call a different rep - get the name of the first rep and insist he/she gt better trainingin the plans and what is and is not included.

Message Edited by SuzyQ on 08-13-2009 07:31 AM
                • 5. Re: M2M
                  qztfwq

This is getting stranger by the minute. I called them back and they assured me that I do have the unlimited national mobile to mobile plan.

Since I just upgraded to a family plan and added a line I can't confirm this until my next bill so the jury is still out. On my last billing cycle I had the 300 minute single phone plan and I went over 125 minutes which started this investigation in the first place. When I upgraded my plan they credited my account which I never expected them to do so I guess this is a non-issue now.

I will be looking very close at my next bill to confirm.

Thanks for the response.

• 6. Re: M2M
                    SuzyQ

qztfwq wrote:

....Since I just upgraded to a family plan and added a line I can't confirm this until my next bill so the jury is still out.

... I will be looking very close at my next bill to confirm.

Thanks for the response.

You can monitor your usage well before you get the bill.  Set up an account online verizonwireless.com and you'll be able to see your usage pretty much in real -time - delayed a few hours to a day or so, but you can monitor which calls are going towards your peak, off peak, and M2M minutes.  If you have texting you can also see how that is going. 

• 7. Re: M2M
                      nmchileman

qztfwq wrote:

On my last billing cycle I had the 300 minute single phone plan

The 300 minute under the counter plan for $34.99 does not include Verizon to Verizon calling. So that's why you got charged. On any other single line plan or any family share plan M2M is in fact unlimited. 

• 8. Re: M2M
                        dep864
                        I'm having the same issue. I'm a former Alltel customer. When my cycle started over on 8/3, all my calls to a M2M number started being recorded as regular peak minutes from my plan minutes. Sometimes the minutes move over to M2M the next day or so later, but it's still far from accurate. Customer service couldn't help unless my bill later comes out with overages. Who knows...
                        • 9. Re: M2M
                          SheDevil

It's happening to a lot of people. I've been trying to get this issue corrected for a month. GOOD Luck hun, you're gonna need it with Verizon. I have been getting nothing but the runaround. You can't even get the same story twice.

Adding insult to injury they decided to take money out of my bank account WITHOUT my permission. They have my information from the payment I made two weeks ago. Guess what? More runaround. I am LIVID. 

1 2 Previous Next