2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2011 3:54 AM by Andreas601 RSS

Global CDMA Unlimited Roaming

dh100dh

Good Buy Global CDMA Unlimited Roaming!!!!

250MB for 30 Bucks?

Thank Goodness my contact expires before the iphone came out....

Im Gone.... An international phone is cheaper at these rates.... not that global CDMA was cheap --- 60 bucks.

• 1. Re: Global CDMA Unlimited Roaming
          silver6055

dh100dh wrote:

Good Buy Global CDMA Unlimited Roaming!!!!

250MB for 30 Bucks?

Thank Goodness my contact expires before the iphone came out....

Im Gone.... An international phone is cheaper at these rates.... not that global CDMA was cheap --- 60 bucks.

(I assume you mean Good Bye rather than Good Buy!)

Yes, the plan ended for non-grandfathered non-business accounts in January, and the replacement plans are incredibly expensive.   The solution for GSM roaming, which is what I need in Europe,  is to use local SIMs, so you can still use VZ in the States.  If however, you need CDMA roaming, not sure what you can do,

• 2. Re: Global CDMA Unlimited Roaming
            Andreas601

silver6055 wrote:

Yes, the plan ended for non-grandfathered non-business accounts in January, and the replacement plans are incredibly expensive.   The solution for GSM roaming, which is what I need in Europe,  is to use local SIMs, so you can still use VZ in the States.  If however, you need CDMA roaming, not sure what you can do,

Agreed and that's exactly what I do on my trips across the pond. I use VZW in the U.S. and local & global roaming SIMs when overseas. There are plenty of global roaming SIM cards that provide you with a U.S. phone number - I then forward calls from my VZW phone to that global roaming SIM and have extremely cheap incoming calls overseas.