9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2011 6:18 PM by Ginsberg RSS

eligible for upgrade definition please!

tag1970

I am eligible for an upgrade in October. What, exactly, does that mean? Free phone? Weak discount? I have an LG Env2 and desperately want an iPhone....what will I have to pay?

• 1. Re: eligible for upgrade definition please!
          budone

tag1970 wrote:

I am eligible for an upgrade in October. What, exactly, does that mean? Free phone? Weak discount? I have an LG Env2 and desperately want an iPhone....what will I have to pay?

If your 2yr upgrade, the iPhone 4 would be $199 or $299 based on the memory you want. Full price is $649 and $749 respectively,

You would also get I believe (if you are the account owner) an add'l $30 credit. 

• 2. Re: eligible for upgrade definition please!
            rignu217

budone is right. If you choose to wait to upgrade in October, then you will buy the iPhone at a discounted price just for waiting. It doesn't get much better than that considering the full retail price of the phone! You will still have to pay for a data plan which, I think the cheapest, is around $30 a month. But the iPhone is a great choice because it can do so much more than the ENV 3. I have heard nothing but great things about the iPhone so go for it! If you want to upgrade say this month, September, you will pay full retail price and STILL be eligible for upgrade to a different phone at a discounted price again in October. Verizon can be a pain in the butt but most of the time, it's a great phone company.

• 3. Re: eligible for upgrade definition please!
              Ginsberg
              otherwise save your upgrade till about january which i heard is estimated launch for iphone 5 , mind you rumor but might be worth the wait if statified with env at this time
              • 4. Re: eligible for upgrade definition please!
                rignu217

Ginsberg wrote:
                otherwise save your upgrade till about january which i heard is estimated launch for iphone 5 , mind you rumor but might be worth the wait if statified with env at this time

Oh wow. Really? What will be the supposed new specs of the iPhone 5?

• 5. Re: eligible for upgrade definition please!
                  Ginsberg
                  I'm an android fan. but from my understanding larger screen, 8 mp camera and more but like i say i'm android fan so i don't have all the specs just what i've read when bored and remember at this point
                  • 6. Re: eligible for upgrade definition please!
                    rignu217

Oh that's pretty cool though. Apple is attempting to stay up-to-date with the rest of us. I'm an Android fan too. Apple needs to stick to what they do (well, what I think they do) is best - iPods and music. I heard they're going to attempt to build a gaming platform to compete with Microsoft's XBOX 360.

• 7. Re: eligible for upgrade definition please!
                      Ginsberg
                      who knows, personally i think apple is over priced and not the most amazing thing in the world. I know I'm going to get grief for for saying that but, it just what i believe . Like i say I'm interested to see where google goes 10 years from now with all the innovatctions they have made in only the past 10 year, they have google maps , streetview, android os, chrome os, chrome netbooks, they are making a auto pilot car , limitless what they can do 10 years from now
                      • 8. Re: eligible for upgrade definition please!
                        rignu217

Yeah, I'm right there with you on that one. Apple is completely over priced. On everything, not just their phones. On my salary, who would be able to afford that nice, shiney, new iPod Touch? Jesus, it's incredible how much money they've managed to suck out of the American public. I heard they have sooo much money, if they paid every country we owe money to back, we'd be completely debt-free for the most part and they'd still at least have a million dollar business.

• 9. Re: eligible for upgrade definition please!
                          Ginsberg
                          yeah, i read they have more money then us treasurey