3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2011 2:49 PM by EdW_VZW RSS

VERY slow mobile Hotspot connection?

MyUnluckyDay

I recently purchased the 4510L LTE mobile hotspot as it was that or dial up. I have been getting download speeds that generally cap out at about 100 KBps. That seems very slow for this area, with 3G coverage. I am always at 3 or 4 bars of service and am unsure if this is standard for that or if I am for some reason getting incredibly slow internet.

• 1. Re: VERY slow mobile Hotspot connection?
          Andreas601

Do you have any other devices you could test data speeds with in your area? Have you tried moving your hotspot to a different part of the house or taking it outside to see if that makes a difference? Even though you may have 3 or 4 bars, there could still be some interference.

• 2. Re: VERY slow mobile Hotspot connection?
            MyUnluckyDay

Yes, I have tried to move it around the house and that helped in a very very small way. I just don't think my area is really cut out for this type of service, I recently discovered that there is one company that offers DSL and hopefully I can get that. I luckily still have time on my 14 days and hope that I don't have any trouble returning and canceling my service.

• 3. Re: VERY slow mobile Hotspot connection?
              EdW_VZW

MyUnluckyDay wrote:

Yes, I have tried to move it around the house and that helped in a very very small way. I just don't think my area is really cut out for this type of service, I recently discovered that there is one company that offers DSL and hopefully I can get that. I luckily still have time on my 14 days and hope that I don't have any trouble returning and canceling my service.

Thanks to the community member for your input.

Hi MyUnluckyDay,

Have you kept trying to use your mobile hotspot to see if the speeds improved? Are you using a laptop with the connection that has an Anti Virus program running at the time slow speed occurs? If so, please try clearing the cache on your web browser and disable your Anti Virus program and retry using the hotspot to see if this improves the speed of your connection. Speeds can vary depending on what your doing on the connection such as downloading a large application or streaming videos, etc.  Also, there was a software update released on September 1st that can help with the connection issues. Here is a direct link to our website that will provide steps on how to obtain the software update. I hope these suggestions can help with your concerns.