6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2012 5:10 AM by moderator RSS

Activation Fee?

mk03103

Is there an Activation Fee when upgrading your phone with the new every two program and extending your contract for another 2 years? 

• 1. Re: Activation Fee?
          rignu217

There is an activation fee everytime you upgrade I believe. I won't bet money on it because I can't pay for my own phone - my father does that.

• 2. Re: Activation Fee?
            SuzyQ

mk03103 wrote:

Is there an Activation Fee when upgrading your phone with the new every two program and extending your contract for another 2 years? 

No - an activation fee is a one-time fee per line charged only when you start a new line of service.  If you have an existing line and are upgrading to a new phone, activating a different phone, or extending your contract, there is no activation fee.

• 3. Re: Activation Fee?
              mk03103

Thanks rignu217!  They should waive it if you have been a loyal customer.

• 4. Re: Activation Fee?
                mk03103

Thanks SuzyQ I'll accept that as a solution to my question!

• 5. Re: Activation Fee?
                  Sefirit

I'm on the old new every two plan as well, except now it seems that "new" means "$50 off".  I can't get a free phone unless it the absolute bottom line phone.  If there is a fee to upgrade on top of that they might as well not even have the program at all.

• 6. Re: Activation Fee?
                    tikibar1

You are replying to a one-year-old thread, so info. can change.  For example, Verizon doesn't have a New Every Two program any more; it was abolished in January 2011.  Toward the end of the program the $100 credit was dropped to $50.  You only have a limited time to use your credit if you still have one left.  And yes, there is now a $30 upgrade fee.  Lots of threads about both of these on this forum.

• 7. Re: Activation Fee?

<This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.>