I did a full reset on my phone earlier this morning to resolve issues with being unable to reinstall a few apps (Amazon Appstore & a podcast player). It went through the setup process and seemed fine, having me set up Google, email accounts, etc. While trying to change the live wallpaper, the device rebooted.
The phone currently will not let me drag down the bar to access normal phone features. It seems like the touch screen is non-responsive. However, I can call the phone from a land line and it allows me to drag down the bar to answer the call as well as use the End Call button. Afterwards, I can do nothing on the phone. If I use the power button, it turns the screen off and it will not come back on save for another call or removing and replacing the battery.
Sounds like the Hard Reset did not complete, try reseting again but use this method...
Hard reset the HTC Incredible; Android powered smartphone. This will remove all data from the device and set it to factory defaults.
1. Turn the phone off. If it’s frozen, pull the battery from the device, then replace it.
2. Hold the Volume Down button and press release the Power button.
3. Keep holding Volume Down and wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release it.
4. Press Volume Down to select Clear Storage, and then press the Power button.
5. When prompted, press Volume Up to confirm your selection.
The HTC Droid Incredible will then restart and the hard reset will be complete.