Sounds like the Hard Reset did not complete, try reseting again but use this method...
Hard reset the HTC Incredible; Android powered smartphone. This will remove all data from the device and set it to factory defaults.
1. Turn the phone off. If it’s frozen, pull the battery from the device, then replace it.
2. Hold the Volume Down button and press release the Power button.
3. Keep holding Volume Down and wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release it.
4. Press Volume Down to select Clear Storage, and then press the Power button.
5. When prompted, press Volume Up to confirm your selection.
The HTC Droid Incredible will then restart and the hard reset will be complete.
Hi ruined! Boy, I'm sorry to hear about your phone. Wildman has got a great suggestion, though! Can you let us know if this worked to resolve the issue? Thanks!