6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2011 1:57 PM by AdamE_VZW RSS

In-Store Trade

CosmoBabylon

Hi, I am interested in the trade in program Verizon offers. I would like to trade in my Droid X but I want to know if what will happen if i go to a Verizon store and ask to trade in there; will I receive the same gift card I would if I were to mail it or will I only be eligible to receive in store credit? I guess I need to know if I am even able to trade in my phone at the store, as well.

Thank you very much for reading and answering.

• 1. Re: In-Store Trade
          budone

The trade in program is only through the mail only. Stores do not participate in the program

• 2. Re: In-Store Trade
            SuzyQ
            And the trade-in only applies when upgrading to a smart phone from a feature phone, so the Droid X would not qualify.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Verizon-to-offer-a-100-trade-in-for-basic-phone-customers-to-get-a-smartphone_id21197
            • 3. Re: In-Store Trade
              AntonioC_VZW

CosmoBabylon wrote:

Hi, I am interested in the trade in program Verizon offers. I would like to trade in my Droid X but I want to know if what will happen if i go to a Verizon store and ask to trade in there; will I receive the same gift card I would if I were to mail it or will I only be eligible to receive in store credit? I guess I need to know if I am even able to trade in my phone at the store, as well.

Thank you very much for reading and answering.

Hi CosmoBabylon,

As pointed out by budone and SuzyQ (thanks!) certain requirements must be met in order to trade-in your phone. As stated by SuzyQ the $100 trade-in promo is applicable only when you trade-in a basic phone and upgrade to a Smartphone.

Promotion: All upgrade eligible basic phone customers who upgrade to a Smartphone by 09/30/2011 will receive a $100 Verizon Wireless gift card.  Two-year contract with data plan required.

Trade-in process:

• Upon completion of upgrade from basic to any  Smartphone, the customer will receive a redemption email the next business day with their unique promo code to submit for trade in. In addition to the email, a text message will be sent to the line upgrading (consumers only).
              • Customer visits our VZW Trade-In Program at trade-in.vzw.com via the email notification to submit promo code.
              • Customer will receive a postage paid envelope (within five business days)and mail in their basic phone.
              • Customer has until 11/15/2011 to redeem their unique code online and an additional 30 days to receive the return envelop and return the used basic phone.
              • The Verizon Wireless gift card will be sent to the customer approximately three weeks after the used basic phone is received. 
              • 4. Re: In-Store Trade
                Cauren

Is this just for smart phones or would it include tablets also?

• 5. Re: In-Store Trade
                  acraftylady

Cauren wrote:

The emails I Keep getting don't say anything about tablets.  If to get people with basic phones to upgrade to smart phones and data plans.  Mary

• 6. Re: In-Store Trade

Cauren wrote:

Hi there!

Great question!  While the trade-in doesn't include tablets, you can combine the trade-in promo with our tablet promotion! Until the end of the month, when you purchase that smartphone, you can receive 50$ off the 2-year price of a tablet! Here are details for the tablet promotion!

Thanks!