5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2011 3:19 AM by vereyezuhn RSS

Discount pricing, but not eligible for an upgrade?

iDannyyyy

My dads phone doesnt have an upgrade untill 4/24/12, but yet it says hes eligible for a discount and when I call up they always say his line is eligible for an upgrade. What is this discount pricing and how does it work if he still doesnt have an upgrade for another half a year. 

• 1. Re: Discount pricing, but not eligible for an upgrade?
          mdram4x4

iDannyyyy wrote:

My dads phone doesnt have an upgrade untill 4/24/11, but yet it says hes eligible for a discount and when I call up they always say his line is eligible for an upgrade. What is this discount pricing and how does it work if he still doesnt have an upgrade for another half a year. 

today is 8/25/11

• 3. Re: Discount pricing, but not eligible for an upgrade?
            vereyezuhn

Sounds like it's his last annual upgrade. The annual upgrade is only available for the primary line on the account, and one becomes eligible exactly 12 months after upgrading.

If your dad decides to use this, he will forfeit any NE2 discount he may have, because Verizon has done away with that program as well.

If he does upgrade using the annual upgrade, he will get the 2 year contract price + a $20 fee for upgrading early. That's where the discount comes from.

• 4. Re: Discount pricing, but not eligible for an upgrade?
              xDanny

Alright, couple more questions, is there any benefit from using his NE2 upgrade in april 2012 over the discount annual upgrade? And also, could I steal his discount upgrade and use it for myself? I know alot of people who steal upgrades im just not sure they are the annual ones

• 5. Re: Discount pricing, but not eligible for an upgrade?
                vereyezuhn

xDanny wrote:

Alright, couple more questions, is there any benefit from using his NE2 upgrade in april 2012 over the discount annual upgrade? And also, could I steal his discount upgrade and use it for myself? I know alot of people who steal upgrades im just not sure they are the annual ones

The NE2 discount is an additional $30,$50, or $100 discount (the amount depends on your calling plan - you'll have to call Verizon to get this information) So if you wait until April 2012, your dad's line will have that additional discount to put towards a new phone.

You can't "steal" upgrades. All you really do is purchase the phone on the eligible line, and activate it on another one.

You can use his annual upgrade now if you want, just remember it will be the 2 year contract pricing + an additional $20 fee for upgrading early. Also remember that doing so will void any and all NE2 discount he may have.

If you use his upgrade now, make sure you activate the phone on HIS line first (since you will purchase it on his line, his contract is extended another 2 years, and you must accept the terms of service by activating it on his line) and then you can activate it on yours. This process goes for using anyone else's upgrade other than your own.