2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2012 6:16 AM by bpc RSS

Unlimited MiFi Data Plan not "compatible" with 4G MiFi

lalaelha

I currently have a family plan that includes 2 Droid X’s, 2 non data cell phones and a 3g MiFi Card. 
      I pay $30 for each Droid data plans and $53 for my unlimited data MiFi plan.  I recently decided to try and cut
      my Verizon plan payments down to a reasonable amount.  I decided to give up one of the Droid X phones that I was
      using and switch back to a non-data cell phone. I can't see why I should pay for a $30 Droid data plan and $50 for MiFi.
      I wanted to upgrade to 4G MiFi and use it with my IPod Touch and laptop. To save $30, but when I went to

upgrade the MiFi, I was told my unlimited data plan would not work with the 4G MiFi plan and if I wanted to upgrade,

I would have to change to the 5G or 10G plan.

I have had the unlimited data plan since 2006.  I started out with the V640 Express card then in 2008 upgraded to

the Verizon USB760 EVDO Rev A modem and in 2010 the MiFi 2200. Nothing has ever been said about my unlimited

plan until this upgrade.

The nice Verizon rep told me that the unlimited data plan is not “compatible” with the 4G data plan. 
      Is that their way of saying “we are really trying to force you out of your grandfathered unlimited data plan”?

I have been so happy with Verizon all these years. But, if the only way I can have unlimited data with Verizon is

to stay with 3G, should I maybe start looking into the Sprint unlimited data plan?