6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2012 7:34 AM by trywonderland RSS

Phone Service Suspended even after making a payment.

soarintothesun

Hello!  If anyone from customer support or someone that may know someone in customer support and can relay a message or raise a flag: I've been trying to get a hold of a human about my mistakenly suspended phone service for the last two days.  

I have made payment on my account on Thursday 8/18 and although it doesn't bring my account current. my phone service has been suspended.  I received a text notification of a new bill YESTERDAY (8/20/2011) bringing my grand total up to around $320, and  I should have at least 19 days (due on 9/10/2011) to pay $165 before my phone service should be suspended.

Each time I try to call and talk to someone to get it straightened out, I press 0 for operator and I'm always redirected to Financial Services...which is CLOSED ON SUNDAY.  How nice of them to unrightfully suspend my service just before they leave work and me stranded for the weekend.

I hope someone gets a hold of me soon or I'm going to be looking for a new phone service provider.

• 1. Re: Phone Service Suspended even after making a payment.
          spottedcatfish

You do need to talk to Financial Services, and they are closed on the weekends.  If you call back during regular business hours, you should have no problem being connected to them.

If your payment on August 18 did not bring your account current, why would you NOT expect your service to be disconnected.  Verizon reserves the right to disconnect your service immediately when a bill becomes past due, depending on your account history with them.  If you were $150+ overdue on the 18th, and had another bill issued on the 20th, I'm not surprised they disconnected your service.

When you talk to Financial Services, you should be able to set up arrangements to get your account caught up, and when you no longer have a past due balance, they will reactivate your phone.

• 2. Re: Phone Service Suspended even after making a payment.
            soarintothesun

All this came up after a prearrangement of payment with Verizon.  I arranged, or thought I arranged at least an auto-debit from my bank account on the 15th which never happened.  I shot a payment to them on the 17th which didn't clear until the 18th.  I also made another arrangement to pay on the 22nd to bring my account current and the guy on the phone said my phone service wouldn't be interrupted.

I called this very morning to talk to someone other than Financial Services but the sad fact of the matter is that ALL my calls get redirected to Financial Services.  Even when I call *611 for Customer Service and dial 0 for an operater I get redirected to Financial Services.  It all goes to them, there is no choice in the matter.  That's what brought me to the forums...only to find a wall here too.

Why did you just write up a fractured paragraph and not tell me anything new and/or useful?  Do you just run amok in the forum looking for balls to bust? You only added more to be frustrated about. I hope next time you try to "help" someone that you'll lay off the sarcasm and consider not talking down your nose at someone that's already irritated by and very aware of problem you just spat back at them. I was asking for help, not from someone with a gold star and a chip on their shoulder, but for someone being payed to moderate this forum or from someone actually able to help me resolve this problem.

Hey, it's moot anyway, I've already gone all weekend without phone service and I can take care of it tomorrow during NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS!

• 3. Re: Phone Service Suspended even after making a payment.
              spottedcatfish

First, had you put the information in your first paragraph of this response in your initial post, it would have helped.  The way your post read, you basically said "I had a past due balance on my account, haven't paid it yet, and can't figure out why Verizon has suspended my service."

I'm just a fellow Verizon customer, and so are most of the users on this peer-to-peer forums.  You wanted to know how to resolve your issue.  The answer is to talk to Financial Services during regular business hours, there is simply no other way to resolve your problem.  If I were in your shoes, I'd find that information useful, because then I wouldn't waste my time pursue other avenues that wouldn't give me any type of result (or being frustrated that the auto-system won't let me talk to a regular rep, because it won't do me any good).

There are some Verizon reps on these forums, but they are most active during the week, and I think they would ultimately have to hand you off to Financial Services to get your problem resolved.  Good luck in getting your account current and re-activated when you speak with them tomorrow!

• 4. Re: Phone Service Suspended even after making a payment.
                KinquanaH_VZW

, thanks for  your input. soarintothesun, I am truly sorry you had to go through this. We are consumers also and  understand the importance of having our phone active especially when  you have made a payment and spoke to someone about arrangements. I show  your issue was resolved due to the Accepted Solution in this post but wanted to make sure your all concerns were addressed. 

If you have any further concerns, questions, or issues regarding your wireless service please send me a private message with your name and contact number. We can ensure your account is correct.

• 5. Re: Phone Service Suspended even after making a payment.
                  acraftylady

soarintothesun wrote:

All this came up after a prearrangement of payment with Verizon.  I arranged, or thought I arranged at least an auto-debit from my bank account on the 15th which never happened.  I shot a payment to them on the 17th which didn't clear until the 18th.  I also made another arrangement to pay on the 22nd to bring my account current and the guy on the phone said my phone service wouldn't be interrupted.

I called this very morning to talk to someone other than Financial Services but the sad fact of the matter is that ALL my calls get redirected to Financial Services.  Even when I call *611 for Customer Service and dial 0 for an operater I get redirected to Financial Services.  It all goes to them, there is no choice in the matter.  That's what brought me to the forums...only to find a wall here too.

Why did you just write up a fractured paragraph and not tell me anything new and/or useful?  Do you just run amok in the forum looking for balls to bust? You only added more to be frustrated about. I hope next time you try to "help" someone that you'll lay off the sarcasm and consider not talking down your nose at someone that's already irritated by and very aware of problem you just spat back at them. I was asking for help, not from someone with a gold star and a chip on their shoulder, but for someone being payed to moderate this forum or from someone actually able to help me resolve this problem.

Hey, it's moot anyway, I've already gone all weekend without phone service and I can take care of it tomorrow during NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS!

This is just a peer to peer forum so if you want paid help you need to talk to finacial services.  I don't believe anyone here gets paid to moderate the forum.    Sounds like they are the only ones that can help you.  Maybe you should consider going to prepaid if contract service is getting to be too much of a finacial burden.  The truth of the matter is if you don't pay your bill they cut you off.  Once you get caught up then they will turn you back on.  It just get's me that there are some very knowledgable people here that don't even work for verizon and just help out for free and they get attacked for it.    Mary

• 6. Re: Phone Service Suspended even after making a payment.
                    trywonderland

My checking account was hacked and then the bank closed it but put a transfer on it so the bill would be paid.  For some reason that didn't work.  I went online and paid my bill.  Financial services is closed until Monday.  Now I have the paid bill (obviously it was late) and still have a suspended phone.  I paid this months balance in full.  The next payment with the updated checking account number is not due until next month.  I cannot believe that VW does not have online chat for us to speak with a representative.  So now I have to wait until Monday with no phone!! So frustrated!