3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2011 4:06 PM by LenaA_VZW RSS

Minutes used

mbagby

I checked my used minutes from last month.... and there were a couple of calls that were near 30 minutes that were made to my actual cell phone number from my own cell phone.... Is this possible? Do these minutes count as part of my 700 minutes?  What about Voice Mail - do those minutes count?  Do Verizon-to-Verizon customer calls count?

• 1. Re: Minutes used
          Spiral
          The calls listed to (and from) your cell phone are indeed probably voice mail calls. And yes, they do count against you calling minutes.
          Vzw-to-Vzw wireless calls do not count against your minutes. Hope this helps.
          • 2. Re: Minutes used
            Andreas601

mbagby wrote:

I checked my used minutes from last month.... and there were a couple of calls that were near 30 minutes that were made to my actual cell phone number from my own cell phone.... Is this possible? Do these minutes count as part of my 700 minutes?  What about Voice Mail - do those minutes count?  Do Verizon-to-Verizon customer calls count?

I see no reason for you to have INCOMING calls from your own number that last roughly 30 minutes. Something seems fishy. When I call voicemail, it shows as an outgoing call to 0000000086. *86 is the shortcut to voicemail, so this makes sense. I would get in touch with VZW to see if they can figure out what's going on.

• 3. Re: Minutes used
              LenaA_VZW

Thank you the community for the information provided. 

Calls made to your mobile number are voicemail calls that should appear as 000-000-0086 on your billing statement. Please send me a PM with your name and mobile number and I will look further into the 30 minute call that was made. 

Thank you,