1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2012 8:53 PM by KarateAero RSS

999-999-9999

kimberly33

Im sure this has been addressed already but couldn't find.  Mysterious #showing up on bill but when you go to call log the correct #shows up there but not online? I might call my husband say at 3:30 for 3min  if you look online sometimes it will show up that at 3:30 999-999-9999 called incoming for 3min? & it does it to other people calling to it could be anybodies #.  Clearly this is a glitch on Verizon's end.  It is a common complaint for Verizon customers from what I can tell online.  We have three cell phones this glitch is only present on one of the phones? Anyone else have this problem?

• 1. Re: 999-999-9999
          mroovac

Call your phone number from your "Skype" Acc. If you don't have skype on your PC, you can get it for free from www.skype.com or you can ask one of your friends to call you. Your caller id will show "unavailable" but on your record you will see 9999999999. And the mystery is solved.

• 2. Re: 999-999-9999
            kimberly33

Its not skype b/c that # will show up when my brother in law calls, my mother in law and when I call.  We don't skype.  On the call log on the phone it doesn't say unavailable it will say who is actually calling.  The 999# ONLY shows up on the bill itself? Not the phone...and it only shows up on incoming calls from us?

• 3. Re: 999-999-9999
              AnthonyTa_VZW

kimberly33 wrote:

Im sure this has been addressed already but couldn't find.  Mysterious #showing up on bill but when you go to call log the correct #shows up there but not online? I might call my husband say at 3:30 for 3min  if you look online sometimes it will show up that at 3:30 999-999-9999 called incoming for 3min? & it does it to other people calling to it could be anybodies #.  Clearly this is a glitch on Verizon's end.  It is a common complaint for Verizon customers from what I can tell online.  We have three cell phones this glitch is only present on one of the phones? Anyone else have this problem?

kimberly33,

I can definitely understand the concern you have with how your call details appear online!  I would be happy to further investigate this for you.

You mentioned you check the call detail online on My Verizon; are you viewing the call detail for current/unbilled usage, or the actual Bill view online?  If you are viewing the current unbilled usage detail, there are times when the full description of the call will not display all of the details such as the calling party's number.  However, the unavailable details of that call would be included in the printed Bill version.  Have you waited until the printed Bill version to see if the call details are included for that same 999-999-9999 call?

Let me know what you find, and thanks again for posting!

• 4. Re: 999-999-9999
                GoGuard

You may never get an answer. I had one several months back that showed it was a SENT call from MY PHONE and I know without a shadow of a doubt, I did not make that particular phone call, especially given how soon we noticed it so my memory was fresh and the time it shows as placed in the mid-late AM hours. And no, I don't think that anyone else in the house made the phone call either. And no, it wasn't a number I dailed that was a *whatever to hide the phone number either.

But this kind of stuff just makes you wonder what else on the bill might you not have made either.

• 5. Re: 999-999-9999
                  kimpossibly

I have many times tried to find the answer for this very same issue and i dont know how other people handle 'their' business but im not going to allow anyone to compramise MY privacy on MY account while its MY money that is paying for this cell phone service. That is absolute **** that verizon would 'protect' some unknowns privacy while they tell ME (their paying customer) that they cannot give out information on someone who is calling one of MY cell numbers! that isnt the way professionals do business and if that is the way that Verizon is going to treat me....then they can shove their so called service where the sun dont shine. I cant believe that they can get by with telling their customers that because of 'privacy' for someone else, that they cant give them ALL information pertaining to their account.

maybe i need to just have this issue investigated and brought out publicly so that EVERYONE knows that VERIZON is willing to protect an 'annoymous' caller but not their own customers....WOW! that should make people reconsider who they are doing business with in a day of privacy issues being at the forefront of everything we do, and an age where identities are stolen constantly. I would bet that all customers of VERIZON would be interested to know that information.

i dont see how VERIZON CAN keep me from accessing any and all information about the usage of MY PHONES!

..but i know that i cant fight a big corperation on my own. i have no problem handing this matter over to the media for investigation of what this mysterious situation that so many people are confronted with on their bills. Telling your customers that its not their business to know what is what on their own bill could possibly compramise thousands of peoples accounts. i think that is pretty irresponsible.

• 6. Re: 999-999-9999
                    budone

A 999-999-9999 number is one where the caller has blocked their number from being seen by the receiver. From some systems you would see Restricted or blocked, but some older systems list that number instead

• 7. Re: 999-999-9999
                      KarateAero

Hi, I get this on my phone usage details as well, and have wondered what it is.  The one thing I noticed, like you, is it's in the middle of the night.  I've checked, and hubby's phone has the same thing.  I think it's if someone opens your phone and looks at your calls, and it shows up as that number, 999-999-9999.  I am about to call Verizon on it, as there is NOTHING on the website that answers this question.  I had one last night, or early this morning, at 4:30 a.m.  I was not awake then.  Is anyone checking your phone or opening it at that hour?  I have to wonder here, but you may not.  I'd sleep with it under my pillow!LOL  Not sure on this, but I think that may be what it is.  If you want to communicate further on this, I can be reached at <Personal information removed per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>  Just put Verizon 999-999=9999 in the subject line, so I know to open it, cuz it will surely go to spam, as I don't know you personally.  Then I will fix that! 

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

• 8. Re: 999-999-9999
                        D Cleek

How do you block your number from others seeing it?

• 9. Re: 999-999-9999
                          sicks178

Verizon won't tell you anything.  They say they don't know what it is.  I get "calls" about once a month at like 1:30 am or this last time 2 calls at 4:12 and 4:37 am.  phone does not ring.  But shows up on the usage details that's how I know it happend.  Description code is always 0000000001.  I have called Verizon 3 or 4 times and know one has a clue what it is.  They are always 1 min. long.  And it never shows up on my bill.  It is also interesting that I have only heard about this issue from Verizon Customers.  I have been researching this for over a year.  I have never heard about it from any other carrier.  My contract is up.  Might be a good time to look somewhere else.

ANYONE ever get any kind of an answer what the 999-999-9999 call with discription 0000000001 is early in the morning please share???!!!!

1 2 Previous Next