2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2012 5:00 AM by andrewtr RSS

How to setup a Mobile Hotspot on the Xperia Play?

AGirl71985

Hi

I have been trying to setup the mobile hotspot on my phone and haven't been able to find any instructions on how to do this. If anyone can tell me how it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Amanda

• 1. Re: How to setup a Mobile Hotspot on the Xperia Play?
          DionM_VZW

AGirl71985 wrote:

Hi

I have been trying to setup the mobile hotspot on my phone and haven't been able to find any instructions on how to do this. If anyone can tell me how it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Amanda

Ha Amanda! First, you'll want to make sure your line has been provisioned for Mobile Hotspot service. You can add the feature to allow you to share up to 2 GB of data for 5 other devices for $20.00 per month. Once that is confirmed, please follow these steps to set up your device's mobile hotspot:

Settings> Wireless & Networks> Tethering & Portable hotspot> Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings> check mark next to Portable Wi-Fi hotspot. This will disable all other data access so that the data usage is allocated correctly. When finished using your Xperia Play as a hotspot, remove the check mark from Portable Wi-Fi hotspot. 

• 2. Re: How to setup a Mobile Hotspot on the Xperia Play?
            andrewtr

I personally have done that on mine and the hotspot feature still does not work.  Any advice or should I just get rid of the feature? I have only recently added that feature to my plan, and it has yet to work correctly.