Droid X Video 2 Questions.
DDH
Contributor - Level 1

1.This takes great video however when I want to send an email it says   Unable to attach more than 20MB per message

Thought I had a lower res setting to allow me to do it 

2. When I go to Setting for Camera and Camcorde I set at a Low or Med setting  but seems like it must change to the High Res setting  Is there a way to make a setting as a Default so ti does not change?  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid X Video 2 Questions.
Cody21
Master - Level 2

The way I do it is just shoot the video - then go into the Folder where it is stored and long-press the video (or whatever you have to do to get to the SHARE options".   Youtube should be an Option.  Ideally, you should upload over WiFi - using 3G will take a while and you'll notice the phone's CPU will get pretty warm/hot if you go that route.

edit: PS - if you have an Unlimted Data plan, 3G will probably work - but if you don't, be aware you'll consume a LOT of data from your plan by uploading/downloading video files.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

DDH wrote:

1.This takes great video however when I want to send an email it says   Unable to attach more than 20MB per message

Thought I had a lower res setting to allow me to do it 

Are you sending by email or mms, I cant seem to send anything much larger than a couple of mb by mms but email allow email size limit but wont send large files without wifi.

2. When I go to Setting for Camera and Camcorde I set at a Low or Med setting  but seems like it must change to the High Res setting  Is there a way to make a setting as a Default so ti does not change?  Thanks

If I remember the stock app will reset to 8mg when started, you may can try Camera 360 or Vignette I believe they allow this option to be changed in default settings..

0 Likes
DDH
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Wildman   I try to send by email

I bet that is why it would  allow it to be sent  I was out in the middle of no wi fi service was there

Thanks

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

As @Wildman pointed out, there IS a limit for attaching files via email.  For larger files, one of the  easiest way to do this is to use the (free) YOUTUBE app. After your Regsiter online at Youtube.com, just launch the APP and "upload" a video of any size. Reakly works well and seamlessly.

good luck. 

0 Likes
DDH
Contributor - Level 1

That sounds great Cody  I am registered with you tube  

Do I take the video in the Camcorde option and then send trhu You tube?

Or do I take the video and then have to go into You Tube and get the video to send

I tried the above and downloaded 1 and it says  WiFi still waiting??

Any thoguhts?

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

The way I do it is just shoot the video - then go into the Folder where it is stored and long-press the video (or whatever you have to do to get to the SHARE options".   Youtube should be an Option.  Ideally, you should upload over WiFi - using 3G will take a while and you'll notice the phone's CPU will get pretty warm/hot if you go that route.

edit: PS - if you have an Unlimted Data plan, 3G will probably work - but if you don't, be aware you'll consume a LOT of data from your plan by uploading/downloading video files.

0 Likes