3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2009 3:19 AM by nmchileman RSS

Loyalty Family Share Plan Question

Mossberg
      I am currently on the Basic Nationwide Plan with 450 minutes. Last month I only used 170 TOTAL minutes (115 non-m2m anytime minutes used). My NE2 upgrade becomes eligible at the end of this month.

My wife who is on her own separate America's Choice 450 minute plan is eligible for her NE2 right now. Her minute usage is similar to mine (she used 177 non-m2m anytime minutes last month).

We would like to consolidate our plan onto a family plan, but would not need anywhere near the 700 minutes offered under the most basic plan.

Would it be possible for us to get on the Family Loyalty Plan (550 minutes) when we both upgrade to new phones later this month? What would be the proper procedure to accomplish this? Can the clerks at a Verizon corporate store accomplish all of this when we upgrade to the new phones? We just don't want to do anything incorrectly that would have us bound to a new 2 year contract (whether separate or family) that is overkill for our budget and needs.

Also, I'm thinking of giving my daughter my current Chocolate 2 phone (or a new phone if need be) to have for emergencies and adding her to our family plan under an additional line when/if we get it. Would there be any issues with doing this at the same time?

Thanks for your help.
        • 1. Re: Loyalty Family Share Plan Question
          nmchileman

I would suggest moving to the loyalty plan before you do the upgrade. To be eligible for the loyalty plan you have to be within the last four months of your contract or out of contract. Upgrading your lines first would cause you to become ineligible for the plan. So I recommend changing your plan now, well before your upgrades come up. You won't be required to change your plan again after upgrading, so you can remain on the loyalty plan. 

Also, later on, when you decide to add that third line it won't affect the plan. 

Good luck.

• 2. Re: Loyalty Family Share Plan Question
            lrando1

To be eligible for the loyalty plan you have to be within the last four months of your contract or out of contract.

This may be the general rule, but not always??? I just upgraded in May and hubby upgraded end of june. We are moving to the loyalty plan w/our next month start of 8/7.

• 3. Re: Loyalty Family Share Plan Question
              nmchileman
              That is in fact the exact policy for the loyalty plan, it's not a general rule. However, there are always exceptions to the policy. It's also offered as a save tool if you want to disconnect your service early. Policies are meant to be broken, right? :smileywink: