1 2 3 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2011 8:55 PM by AdamE_VZW RSS

    Latest update messed up my phone!!

    NikkiO
      Updated this morning now my wallpaper is all messed up, it's split up on different screens, and when I scroll through my screen all my wiggets overlap each other and the screen looks like it's fried, when I look at pictures on facebook they aren't fit to the screen, whoever badge made this update must not be aware that the droid has a rectangular screen and not square, and I can't go back and undo it. Tried factory reset and that didn't help, now I'm getting a new one, hopefully this update isn't on it! Is anyone else having this problem are just me?!? Anyone have a solution incase my new phone has this stupid update on it as well?
        • 1. Re: Latest update messed up my phone!!
          droidsw
          You won't have a choice to decline the update. Others have said you will keep receiving popup notices. Your "new" phone will no doubt have it installed already and, no, you can't undo it.

          The "new" phone you will be receiving is a "like-new refurbished" (that means used) phone. That will be another thread from you at a later time.........

          As for the issues you had. I would have deleted the trouble widgets and re-installed them. The same with your wallpaper. If I remember, the update defaulted back to the stock wallpaper. That is probably what you were seeing. It IS low tech looking for such a high tech phone.

          I also use a folder app and had to sort with issues with those after GB. After emailing the developer, he suggested a work-around that worked.

          As for the Facebook photo viewing issue. Sounds like you are talking about the mobile site. Photo orientation is strange, not the update's fault. Try the Facebook app. Photos viewed with the facebook app are orientated to your screen much better.
          • 2. Re: Latest update messed up my phone!!
            vereyezuhn

            NikkiO wrote:
            Updated this morning now my wallpaper is all messed up, it's split up on different screens, and when I scroll through my screen all my wiggets overlap each other and the screen looks like it's fried, when I look at pictures on facebook they aren't fit to the screen, whoever badge made this update must not be aware that the droid has a rectangular screen and not square, and I can't go back and undo it. Tried factory reset and that didn't help, now I'm getting a new one, hopefully this update isn't on it! Is anyone else having this problem are just me?!? Anyone have a solution incase my new phone has this stupid update on it as well?

            As the other poster said, your replacement will have GB on it as well. They're also correct about the wallpaper resetting to the default Droid X wallpaper when updating, I believe. I think it also defaults it back to "Scroll" - which I hate (I think this is what you mean by the wallpaper splitting up on different screens?)

             

            As for your screens lagging, and wallpaper splitting, that sounds like a widget. If you have any on, take them off. All they do is lag.

            • 3. Re: Latest update messed up my phone!!
              hestia

              I'm so upset the new OS pushed to my phone while I was sleeping.  The reason I have this phone is because the Froyo update screwed up my Fascinate which I loved.  Now I have no choice I guess but either to put off installing it every hour or installing it.  There should be a choice IMO.  I wanted to wait and see what the bugs were for a good few months before I installed. Crap!  I'm **bleep**! AGAIN.  I've only had the phone a **bleep** week.  Now I have to reset and reconfigure everything AGAIN?

              • 4. Re: Latest update messed up my phone!!
                vereyezuhn

                hestia wrote:

                I'm so upset the new OS pushed to my phone while I was sleeping.  The reason I have this phone is because the Froyo update screwed up my Fascinate which I loved.  Now I have no choice I guess but either to put off installing it every hour or installing it.  There should be a choice IMO.  I wanted to wait and see what the bugs were for a good few months before I installed. Crap!  I'm **bleep**! AGAIN.  I've only had the phone a **bleep** week.  Now I have to reset and reconfigure everything AGAIN?



                Woah woah woah, you don't even HAVE the update, you don't know if there are going to be issues with yours. Calm down! There are tons of people who don't have the issues when they update to GB. I didn't, and I never did a factory reset.

                 

                Don't let all the negative posts on here scare you away from it. If anything, learn from them and be prepared to turn off settings such as vibrate/sound on keypress in your keyboard, any widgets you may have, screen animations, etc. As those seem to be what trigger some problems with GB.

                • 5. Re: Latest update messed up my phone!!
                  NikkiO

                  How did my widgets and wallpaper work fine before the update and all {word filter avoidance}
                  up after? Because it messed with the phone. I'm not trying to scare people - I'm asking for help to fix this thing since no one at verizon can - if you do not have helpful info then please do not reply

                  • 6. Re: Latest update messed up my phone!!
                    NikkiO

                    seriously!?! they're going to send me an old phone for my phone that's less then a year old?!? I feel sorry for the poor customer service rep that will be getting a tongue lashing from me when I get this "new" phone!

                    • 7. Re: Latest update messed up my phone!!
                      droidsw
                      You aren't going to "scare" anyone. The info you are receiving is all there is.....helpful, or not.

                      Why the update causes conflicts that creates issues (bugs and glitches as I call them) with widgets, wallpapers, camera, etc., is a complicated question.

                      And, it does seem to only affect some phones. Otherwise, if every Droid X had serious issues, you bet more action would be taken.

                      All of this has been discussed add nauseam in other threads.

                      You won't like this either.

                      Getting mad isn't going to change a thing. Learn from the experience and if you aren't satisfied with the outcome, let your wallet/pocketbook do your talking for you the next time you purchase a phone.


                      • 8. Re: Latest update messed up my phone!!
                        mortb

                        NikkiO wrote:

                        seriously!?! they're going to send me an old phone for my phone that's less then a year old?!? I feel sorry for the poor customer service rep that will be getting a tongue lashing from me when I get this "new" phone!


                        All the providers send out refurbished phones as replacements. If you had insurance, that is there policy.

                        • 9. Re: Latest update messed up my phone!!
                          Wildman

                          NikkiO wrote:

                          How did my widgets and wallpaper work fine before the update and all {word filter avoidance}
                          up after? Because it messed with the phone. I'm not trying to scare people - I'm asking for help to fix this thing since no one at verizon can - if you do not have helpful info then please do not reply


                          Using profanity isn't really going to accomplish anything except negative responses.....  The update has been blamed for a number of unrelated situations in my opinion, I sure hope you did not get this worked up when you updated your desktop from XP to Vista, when you install a updated OS the incompatibility part of the game is a known common item and getting upset does not really change that outcome.

                           

                          I have received the update on both of my Droid X's and hasn't experience any issues with the devices, out of curiosity when you hard reset did you make sure to disable the auto restore option that will auto restore apps and settings after a reset because this has caused issues for some?

                          1 2 3 Previous Next