Anyone Else Getting a Issue with backup assistant?
Arlynos

Everytime I go into backup assistant or it trys to run on my fascinate that it always comes back as failed to authenticate and when I go into it it says that it may of been changed on the website and I've gone to the site and send it to my phone receive the text with my pin in it and then it is the same thing that I am entereing with I set it up. Please advise thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone Else Getting a Issue with backup assistant?
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Arlynos wrote:

Everytime I go into backup assistant or it trys to run on my fascinate that it always comes back as failed to authenticate and when I go into it it says that it may of been changed on the website and I've gone to the site and send it to my phone receive the text with my pin in it and then it is the same thing that I am entereing with I set it up. Please advise thanks.

Make sure you are using verizon3g and not wifi
Arlynos1

I never have Wifi on except when I am at home and I know I've tried it at work where I dont have Wifi.

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Arlynos,

I can understand the need of having your contacts backed up on your device. Have you tried to clear the data from the Backup Assistant application? If not, try the steps below:

- From a home screen, select Applications.

- Select Settings.

- Select Applications.

- Select Manage applications.

- Select the Backup Assistant

- Select Force stop.

- Select Clear data.

- Select Okay

Once that is complete, try again. If the issue persists, send me a PM with your mobile number and I will contact you for additional information. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Ditch Backup Assistant and use Gmail to backup your contacts.

0 Likes
nana488
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not having that particular problem with backup assistant but I was having a problem with it updating when I didn't tell it to.  My contacts got all messed up.  A manager at a Verizon store told me it was better to use the Google contact list to update your contacts and he turned my backup assistant off on my phone.  My contacts are great now.

nana488
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had my Wi-Fi on when I was on vacation and was supposedly hooked up to the Wi-Fi at the condo office.  It never would connect.  I found out later it was best to turn it off and just use the "Mobile Data"  Worked for me.

0 Likes
Casey100

I'm having the same problem. I Force Stopped Backup Assistant, but the Clear Data button was grayed out (all them were as a matter of fact, including Uninstall). Nowhere to go from here.

0 Likes
ann429
Enthusiast - Level 1

tried it - didn't work.  still can't get backup assistant+ to sync.  It just starting not syncing a fews days ago.

0 Likes
ShadowGodd

ok i keep getn a pop up for backup assistant plus wanting me to authenticate it... i have several times already ...i force stopped and cleared data but it still pops up! i tried authenticating it over 4G only and get this it still pops up!... id take it into the store but im sure they will suggest reformatting it for it seems that is all they know how to do... even tech support couldnt do much for me i swear i hate vzw preinstalled malicious natrotious apps... btw i discovered shark dash to have spyware and guess what its a preinstalled app go figure right!? im sick of this phone and sick of this service thats ran by nothing but ****** (yes it really censored ******)... >> comment deleted <<?

>> Edited to remove profanity <<

>> Discussions concerning rooting, jailbreaking, hacking, etc., are strictly prohibited on this forum. <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes