9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2011 10:50 AM by rcschnoor RSS

What is discounted pricing??

radjas03

Hey Everyone,

I logged into my account today to look at my bill for the month.  When I got in it said next "Eligible for a discount!" next to my phone.  When I scrolled over the "?" with it, it said this:

"You are eligible to upgrade with discounted pricing. If you upgrade on or after 2/02/12 you are eligible to receive an additional loyalty discount."

So I get a little excited and start shopping for a new phone, pick one out and go to check out.  When I looked at the price, it was the same as retail!!

Now, why would it be retail price if I'm eligible for discounted pricing????

My overall question is - Do I get a discount now or do I have to wait till 02/02//12?

Is the fact that I added my g/f to my account in April playing a role in this?

I hope someone can help.

Thanks!!!

• 1. Re: What is discounted pricing??
          Ann154
          It sounds like you are eligible for your LAST annual upgrade. You can purchase a phone at the 2 year price + $20 and sign a new two year contract. OR you can wait until 2/12/2012 (20th month into your current contract) and be able to purchase a new phone at the two year contract price minus an additional loyalty (formerly known as NE2) discount of either $30, $50, or $100 depending on when you last started your current two year contract. This is additional discount is also the last time you will have this discount.
          • 2. Re: What is discounted pricing??
            radjas03
            It sounds like you are eligible for your LAST annual upgrade. You can purchase a phone at the 2 year price + $20 and sign a new two year contract. OR you can wait until 2/12/2012 (20th month into your current contract) and be able to purchase a new phone at the two year contract price minus an additional loyalty (formerly known as NE2) discount of either $30, $50, or $100 depending on when you last started your current two year contract. This is additional discount is also the last time you will have this discount.

If this is what's going on, then why wouldn't it discount the price of the phone I selected?

Thanks!!!
            • 3. Re: What is discounted pricing??
              Ann154
              I don't know how a person goes about ordering a phone under the annual upgrade. I have never had a high enough plan to have the option. There are several other threads discussing the same topics. A search would reveal them or you can wait until another user in this peer to peer forum chimes in with the details.
              • 4. Re: What is discounted pricing??
                budone

radjas03 wrote:

If this is what's going on, then why wouldn't it discount the price of the phone I selected?

Thanks!!!

You should see the price of a phone as if you are a new customer or at your two year renewal. It is not an Add'l discount on top of the 2 year pricing.

I did it online in May and pricing was correct

• 5. Re: What is discounted pricing??
                  nlxz6xah

after your eligible date if you try to pick one out again you'll probably get $50 upgrade discounts with new 2yrs contract

mine is now available since 07/13/2011 and try to get some new device but having trouble to get it by online though 

anywayz i believe that for "loyalty discount price" means you get $50 credit no matter what kind of phones you select 

• 6. Re: What is discounted pricing??
                    Joe L

Thanks to the community for your replies.

@radjas03

Were you able to upgrade and see the correct pricing. Please post if you have any issues.

Thank you

• 7. Re: What is discounted pricing??
                      vanessas_vzw

Thank you to the community for all of your responses!

The discounted price is 2-year pricing.  If you were not eligible for a discounted price on a new phone, you would only have the option to pay full retail price.  For example, the Droid Charge by Samsung is $299.99 with a 2-year contract, (which is the discounted rate).  Full retail price without a contract is $569.99.  Therefore, it is discounted by $270.00 with a new 2-year contract.  When you select a device, you will see the Full Retail price, as well as the price with a 2-year contract. 

I trust this clarifies the phone pricing.

Thank you,

• 8. Re: What is discounted pricing??
                        phantomtech

VanessaC_VZW wrote:

Thank you to the community for all of your responses!

The discounted price is 2-year pricing.  If you were not eligible for a discounted price on a new phone, you would only have the option to pay full retail price.  For example, the Droid Charge by Samsung is $299.99 with a 2-year contract, (which is the discounted rate).  Full retail price without a contract is $569.99.  Therefore, it is discounted by $270.00 with a new 2-year contract.  When you select a device, you will see the Full Retail price, as well as the price with a 2-year contract. 

I trust this clarifies the phone pricing.

Thank you,

Back to the original issue, it said we get discounted pricing, but its the same as the guy right off the street with no loyalty of any kind. Get with the program Verizion, start taking care of the customers you already have before they are all with another carrier who gives the discounts as new customers like you would a new customer. Existing Customers get nothing!!!

• 9. Re: What is discounted pricing??
                          rcschnoor

phantomtech wrote:

Back to the original issue, it said we get discounted pricing, but its the same as the guy right off the street with no loyalty of any kind. Get with the program Verizion, start taking care of the customers you already have before they are all with another carrier who gives the discounts as new customers like you would a new customer. Existing Customers get nothing!!!

Yes, you do get discounted pricing. If the full retail price $569 and they are giving it to you for $299, that IS a discount. Because you are unhappy with the SIZE of the discount does not mean the discount is'nt there.