4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2011 11:39 AM by rcschnoor RSS

unsolicited text message

Frank_Cao

I received several unsolicited text messages from various 900 numbers per months. And, my plan charge 20 cents per received text message. It is unfair the Verizon pass through such text messages, and change my bill for it.

• 1. Re: unsolicited text message
          spottedcatfish

If you don't want to recieve messages, you can call Verizon and ask them to block texting on your line.  You can also limit the types of texts you can be sent by blocking Premium SMS and internet messaging online through the MyVerizon service blocks.  Finally, I believe that subscribing to Parental Controls ($4.99/month) would give you detailed control over when and from who your phone can recieve messages.

• 2. Re: unsolicited text message and charges
            scout2cape

SOLOW FRAUD $19.95/ month!  

It is a little too late to warn about unsolicited text messages when you must pay for them. Verizon has NEVER said anything about this and I just discovered I'm paying $19.95 per month to a company called Solow. Who are they? What did they do to earn my money? Why is it happening???    When I asked at the Verizon store, they knew EXACTLY what I was talking about and told me EXACTLY what number to call and EXACTLY how to stop the charges! YET.... I have NEVER hear of such a thing and Verizon is suspiciously quiet about this problem. Computer companies warn about viruses and hackers buy Verizon does not say anything about such fraud and abuse which is, apparently, happening commonly and openly.

• 3. Re: unsolicited text message and charges
              budone

scout2cape wrote:

It is a little too late to warn about unsolicited text messages when you must pay for them. Verizon has NEVER said anything about this and I just discovered I'm paying $19.95 per month to a company called Solow. Who are they? What did they do to earn my money? Why is it happening???    When I asked at the Verizon store, they knew EXACTLY what I was talking about and told me EXACTLY what number to call and EXACTLY how to stop the charges! YET.... I have NEVER hear of such a thing and Verizon is suspiciously quiet about this problem. Computer companies warn about viruses and hackers buy Verizon does not say anything about such fraud and abuse which is, apparently, happening commonly and openly.

A 'survey' or 'test' on FB can trigger this. Sending for a 'free' app or ringtone can cause this to occur.

• 4. Re: unsolicited text message and charges
                rcschnoor

budone wrote:

scout2cape wrote:

A 'survey' or 'test' on FB can trigger this. Sending for a 'free' app or ringtone can cause this to occur.

Additionally, this is spelled out in the terms when you take these "surveys" and/or "tests" on FB or sending for a "free" app or ringtone.

You can go in to MyVerizon and put a block on premium text messaging to keep from incurring this type of charge.