3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2011 10:27 PM by icornelio RSS

Phone number change

icornelio

Does it cost anything to change my number?  Would a new line have to be added?

Thanks in advance.

ic

• 1. Re: Phone number change
          spottedcatfish

If you request the change online, through your MyVerizon account, it is free.  If a rep helps you, unless you have specific circumstances (you moved, harassing phone calls, I think) there will be a small fee.

• 2. Re: Phone number change
            EdW_VZW

icornelio wrote:

Does it cost anything to change my number?  Would a new line have to be added?

Thanks in advance.

ic

Hi Icornelio,

Is there a special reason you want to change your number? There is a cost involved unless you are being harassed or spammed. The cost to change your phone is $15.00. It would need to be processed by you calling Customer Service. This cost would not apply under special circumstances such as harassment, spamming, etc. 

The best time to change your phone number is on your billing cycle. This will avoid any billing confusion and proration as the

bill would be divided showing the old and new phone numbers. Please keep in mind, any existing voice mail on your current number would be deleted. You would need to set up a new voice mailbox for the new phone number. If you have any voice mail messages you wish to keep, you could have them saved. This is done upon your request to our vendor called CBW Productions Inc. Their website is www.cbwproductions.com/vwclientsorder.htm and you can also call them at 800-770-8046 or 877-244-3222. You would want to save your voice mail messages prior your current mobile number. Once the voice mail has been deleted during the phone number change, it cannot be retrieve.

Also, If the phone number is changed on any Motorola Android device, it will cause a factory reset, and all data will be lost, including applications, messages, email accounts, etc. You would need to re-sync all your data via your G mail account for the new number phone number.  Also, you would not make any changes to PIX Place and VTEXT.com until 36 hours after the phone change has been complete. After the phone number is changed, 

the phone would need to be programmed by dialing *228(send), option 1. After successful programming, do a free test call by dialing #832(send) on your device for confirmation. If you need additional assistance with changing the phone number, please send me a private message.

• 3. Re: Phone number change
              icornelio

EdW_VZW wrote:

Hi Icornelio,

Is there a special reason you want to change your number? There is a cost involved unless you are being harassed or spammed. The cost to change your phone is $15.00. It would need to be processed by you calling Customer Service. This cost would not apply under special circumstances such as harassment, spamming, etc. 

The best time to change your phone number is on your billing cycle. This will avoid any billing confusion and proration as the

bill would be divided showing the old and new phone numbers. Please keep in mind, any existing voice mail on your current number would be deleted. You would need to set up a new voice mailbox for the new phone number. If you have any voice mail messages you wish to keep, you could have them saved. This is done upon your request to our vendor called CBW Productions Inc. Their website is www.cbwproductions.com/vwclientsorder.htm and you can also call them at 800-770-8046 or 877-244-3222. You would want to save your voice mail messages prior your current mobile number. Once the voice mail has been deleted during the phone number change, it cannot be retrieve.

Also, If the phone number is changed on any Motorola Android device, it will cause a factory reset, and all data will be lost, including applications, messages, email accounts, etc. You would need to re-sync all your data via your G mail account for the new number phone number.  Also, you would not make any changes to PIX Place and VTEXT.com until 36 hours after the phone change has been complete. After the phone number is changed, 

the phone would need to be programmed by dialing *228(send), option 1. After successful programming, do a free test call by dialing #832(send) on your device for confirmation. If you need additional assistance with changing the phone number, please send me a private message.

I am active military and will be moving in the near future to become an Air Force recruiter.  To make it easier, I was planning on changing my number to reflect the area code.  Also...At that time, I should have a smartphone with the tiered plan.  My wife has a smartphone now with the unlimited plan.  I would like to swap numbers so that I would have the unlimited plan while she has the tiered, then change both of our numbers.  She does not utilize more than 200MB of data.  I can only assume, and just to be safe, that I will use more than the 2GB due to streaming audio/video.

I asked, once I get a smartphone, before moving, if I could swap our numbers then change them to our previous numbers.  If that made anysense.  Basically swap lines/numbers, but change our numbers to what they were before.  I was told, no.

It is what it is.  Thanks.