2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2011 3:38 PM by CactusJohn RSS

Data Usage Detail Display/Download Problems

CactusJohn

Since early June, I’ve been working with VZW technical support on three issues involving the display and downloading of data usage detail for billed periods.  (The displays and downloading for the current unbilled period work fine.)  Technical support has confirmed the problems and I’ve been told they would be fixed by 7/26.

Here are the three problems I’ve found:

The display of data usage detail for the current unbilled period displays all of the detail transactions without a problem, regardless of the number of transactions.  (My Verizon > View Usage > View Data Details)  However, the data usage detail for billed periods is always truncated after the first 150 transactions.  (My Verizon > View Bill > Usage Details tab > Data > Usage Type: Data Usage)

The display of Connect/HotSpot data usage detail for the current unbilled period displays all of the detail transactions without a problem.  (My Verizon > View Usage > View Data Details)  However, the display of usage detail for billed periods always results in the following message: “Sorry you do not have any Connect/HotSpot Usage Detail for the selected cell phone number and Statement Date or the requested detail data is older than 3 months.” (My Verizon > View Bill > Usage Details tab > Data > Usage Type: Connect/HotSpot)

The “Download to Spreadsheet” link for data usage detail for the current unbilled period works without a problem.  (My Verizon > View Usage > View Data Details > Download to Spreadsheet)  However, the download for billed periods results in a download of the column headings but no detail transactions.  (My Verizon > View Bill > Usage Details tab > Data > Usage Type: Data Usage > Download to Spreadsheet)

The technical support CSR that I’ve been working with confirmed these problems by looking at her personal account.  (Like me, she uses the HotSpot feature.)  She has been keeping me posted and has told me she was told by the IT folks that the issues would be resolved by 7/26.  Stay tuned.

• 1. Re: Data Usage Detail Display/Download Problems
          gekko59

Thank you, Cactus John.

• 2. Re: Data Usage Detail Display/Download Problems
            CactusJohn

UPDATE OF MY ORIGINAL POSTING ABOVE

After a two-hour phone call with a Tech Support CSR, I found that only one of the three issues I identified above has been fixed, and that my trouble ticket was closed.  Simply amazing.

The Good News

The display of Connect/HotSpot data usage detail for both unbilled and billed periods now works as does the function to download the Connect/HotSpot data with the “Download to Spreadsheet” link.

The Bad News

The display of data usage detail for billed periods (Usage Type: Data Usage) is still being limited to the first 150 transactions.  (My Verizon > View Bill > Usage Details tab > Data > Usage Type: Data Usage)

The “Download to Spreadsheet” of data usage detail for billed periods (Usage Type: Data Usage) still doesn’t work.  (My Verizon > View Bill > Usage Details tab > Data > Usage Type: Data Usage > Download to Spreadsheet)  The downloaded result varies as follows:

• If you select a billing date for a period that has no Connect/Hotspot data (even though that’s not what you are trying to download), the column headings are downloaded but no detail transactions.

• If you select a billing date for a period that has Connect/Hotspot data (again, even though that’s not what you are trying to download), the Connect/Hotspot data is downloaded instead of the Data Usage data. (My Verizon > View Bill > Usage Details tab > Data > Usage Type: Data Usage > Download to Spreadsheet)

If you sort displayed transactions for any Usage Type by clicking on the “Data Usage” column heading, the result is a text sort rather than a numeric sort, i.e., the values are sorted on the first character and then the second character, etc., without regard to the size of the number.  For example, the values 1, 2, 3, 10, 20, 100, 200 would be sorted into the following sequence: 1, 10, 100, 2, 20, 200, 3.

The Tech Support CSR opened new trouble tickets for the “bad news” items and said he would call when they are resolved.  I’ll post another update at that time.