1 2 3 Previous Next 78 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 11:33 AM by Rev.MartinPaulCheney Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Verizon bring back your unlimited data plan back

mase31

Verizon bring back ur unlimited data plan back it is the best featrue out there i was on facebook the other day and pepole on there what the unlimited data plan back and let new customers enjoy that feature instand of having data caps.Im not a Verizon customer im a Sprint customer it's the only provider that have true unlimited data plans.It's nice to have unimited data and not worry about data caps or worry about higher bills because of overage charges so what was Verizon thinking about when put data caps on smartphones.Smatphones use a lot of data and it was met to have unilimited data with out data caps if u use tv youtube music ect then u use a lot of data so thats the the customers more money when there go over there plan.What can u do with 2GB of data on smartphones I do hope that u will bring back your unlimted data pack back it's a nice feature I got a question for any Verizon employees he we go why put a data caps on smartphones your new customers should not have to worry about overage at all on smartphones. NO DATA CAPS NO OVERAGE NO WORRIES that the way it should be Verizon.Im a Sprint customer and i have to say that im happy with Sprint don't have to worry about data caps.Verizon please bring back ur unlimited data plans back if u do that u will make a lot of new customers happy.

• 1. Re: Verizon bring back your unlimited data plan back
          budone
          Don't worry. Sprint is not far behind. For their Virgin Mobile, they now throttle back to 256k after 2.5 gigs.
          • 2. Re: Verizon bring back your unlimited data plan back
            ChristinaB_VZW

Verizon Wireless introduced tiered data pricing to safeguard the first-rate experience with data our customers expect and enjoy. Our usage-based pricing options best serve the majority of our customers. As a matter of fact, over 90% of our Smartphone customers use less than 2 GB of data each month.

Below, I have included important information on our new data plans:

• Smartphone customers that currently have the Unlimited Data feature can retain this feature, even if upgrading to a new Smartphone.

• Upgrades from Feature/Multimedia phones to Smartphones require new data pricing.

• New data pricing applies to new lines of service.

• $30.00 data package is not eligible for employee discounts.

• Unlike previous data pricing with Family SharePlans, all lines with new data plans $45.00 or higher will qualify for applicable employee discounts.

Additionally, to determine your data usage needs and view data usage approximations, please visit the following link:

www.verizonwireless.com/datacalculator

• 3. Re: Verizon bring back your unlimited data plan back
              Squallfyr
              didnt someone mention something about Sprint haveing a 5GB limit? ima check on that,
              • 4. Re: Verizon bring back your unlimited data plan back
                DFlo001

I had been waiting for the Droid 3 to renew my plan with Verizon. I did not have a smart phone before so I had to get a 2G data plan. I have been a loyal customer for over 15 years and Verizon indicated they cannot offer me the unlimited data plan and have referred family and friends to Verizon. Talk about great customer service. There is none.

• 5. Re: Verizon bring back your unlimited data plan back
                  mase31

On data cards yes but Sprint cell phone service no Sprint still have unlimited data plans for feature phones and smartphones.

• 6. Re: Verizon bring back your unlimited data plan back
                    mase31

Here is Sprint unlimited data plans for the individual plans for $69.99 u get everything data plan 450 minutes it inclues any mobile anytime unlimited messaging unlimited data if u add a smartphone there is a premium data add on charge of $10 per month so with the smartphone it will be $79.99 per month wish is not bad at all.Now if u have a family plan with Sprint it would be $129.99 u get 1500 minutes it inclues any mobile anytime unlimited messaging unlimited data if u add a smartphone there is a premium data add on charge of $10 per month so with the smartphone it will be $139.99 per month not bad all Sprint still is cheaper that everybody eles.

• 7. Re: Verizon bring back your unlimited data plan back
                      Ptmc518
                      It's not verizons fault you waited. They can change their plans anytime they want to and if you don't like it too bad. They're not going to give special treatment to someone, and it doesn't matter how long you've been a customer.

Also, OP, you're English is horrible and of youre a Sprint customer what do you care if Verizon has unlimited data or not?
                      • 8. Re: Verizon bring back your unlimited data plan back
                        jmaxwell92264

Ptmc518 wrote:
                        It's not verizons fault you waited. They can change their plans anytime they want to and if you don't like it too bad. They're not going to give special treatment to someone, and it doesn't matter how long you've been a customer.

Also, OP, you're English is horrible and of youre a Sprint customer what do you care if Verizon has unlimited data or not?

It was Verizon's fault I had to wait. I had no choice.  My phone was eligible for upgrade on 07/15 and they discontinued the unlimited data on 07/07.

A compromise solution that I'd like to suggest - A rollover plan similar to AT&T, where your unused data carries over to subsequent months.  If I use low amounts of data for several months, then take a long road trip with Google Navigation consuming large amounts of data, why can't I get credit for what I paid for and didn't use in previous months?

I understand the need to control data usage to some extent.  Without controls, there would be a few data hogs that would drag the network down to a crawl.  But we need to be free of the concerns over innocently going over the limit and getting hit with a whopping charge.  (I know, because I got hit with a $1,000 data charge in Mexico, near the U.S. border a few years back, when my modem did not warn me of roaming charges, even though it was configured to issue warnings before roaming.)

• 9. Re: Verizon bring back your unlimited data plan back
                          dink729

I can now upgrade and was going to go to the iphone but would like to know how far I would get with using the phone to its full potential with the 2GB plan because thats what the price of the unlimited used to be and I had only budgeted that price in my monthly bills? 

1 2 3 Previous Next