6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2012 2:16 PM by kassandra114 RSS

ESN checking online

DontRegister

can you check the Verizon website to see if a phone is clean or has been stolen?

• 1. Re: ESN checking online
          budone

Ya know there was something I found at one time that supposedly did this on the VZW site. But I did not keep the link. I think SuzyQ may have saved the link.

May be easier and quicker to just call.

• 2. Re: ESN checking online
            SuzyQ

Here's a link that lets you check the status of a device

ttp://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/nso/enterDeviceId.do   http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/estore/certifieddevice/cd

(And I didn't even remember that I saved it, budone! Looked in my macros and there it was!)

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

• 3. Re: ESN checking online
              budone

SuzyQ wrote:
              Here's a link that lets you check the status of a device:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/estore/certifieddevice/cd

(And I didn't even remember that I saved it, budone! Looked in my macros and there it was!)

Your Welcome!

memory like a steel.......steel.......hmmmmmmm, uhhhhhhhhhh, ummmmmm, what's it called???? Ya know that big square heavy thing with a lock on it???? Steel whatchamacallit....... THAT'S IT!

• 4. Re: ESN checking online
                DontRegister

thanks to both of you...

• 5. Re: ESN checking online
                  sgttsmitty

I know this is an ancient post, but will this link tell you if the ESN is bad? 

I bought a Stratosphere on Ebay, and it very clearly said it had a clean ESN.  Brought it to the Verizon store to activate, and they told me it had a bad ESN.  When I check it on this link, it says: "Your device is eligible to be activated on the Verizon Wireless network."

Any help is appreciated.

• 6. Re: ESN checking online
                    kassandra114

I just had the same thing happen to me - I entered the ESN of the used phone I bought on ebay at Verizon's website using the link above and it said the phone WAS eligible to be activated, but when I dialed *228 to activate I was transferred to a Verizon rep. She said Verizon will not activate the phone because it is on a "negative" list. She said that it has not been reported stolen, and that she could not disclose why it is on this do-not-activate list. When I questioned her as to why it checked out OK via their website, she said the website will only tell you if the phone is compatible with Verizon's plan, not whether or not the ESN is clean. She said the only way to find that out is to call Verizon.

In other words, the "check your device" page linked above is intended for new devices not purchased through Verizon, not used.