Yahoo Email Does Not Work
toomer12m

Every time I try to log into my yahoo email I get a message that says "Error: Login to the account failed, please try again."

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Yahoo Email Does Not Work
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Toomer12m,

Are you getting any errors if logging in to your email from your PC? It sounds as if you are entering the incorrect password or username.

From what you describe, in my opinion, your best bet is to uninstall, then reinstall the email account on your device. This allows the email to verify your credentials and allow itself to be restored and usable.

Please view additional information about email on your Droid X here: http://support.vzw.com/pdf/email_setup/droid_x.pdf

I hope this information is helpful. Have a great day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This has been a on going issue with Yahoo since they started updating their servers, I know this is strange but for some reason K9 email client seem to work without this issu for me.... Check it out at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fsck.k9&feature=search_result and see if it helps you..

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Interesting. I have not seen this issue at all. I am using the stock YAHOO EMAIL App.

How often is this error happening? Have you (OP) tried Clearing Cache for the APP? Have you Uninstalled & reinstalled the APP?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Cody21 wrote:

Interesting. I have not seen this issue at all. I am using the stock YAHOO EMAIL App.

How often is this error happening? Have you (OP) tried Clearing Cache for the APP? Have you Uninstalled & reinstalled the APP?

The issue isnt with the app because it is configure to access their secure server created to handle request for the Yahoo accounts but when you are accessing it through the mobile email client and Yahoo updated its security settings for their email clients it usually effects all 3rd party and device related connections request..  I am not a fan of the Yahoo app myself but it works fine for some.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
i have no problems with yahoo webmail.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

That is another method that doesnt have issues, the issue comes from the restricted access given to 3rd party apps once a security update is put in place on a email client.....  If user was looking to concider that, the Yahoo app and the web verzion through a browser are viable solutions...

There is probally a working port that can resolve this but it hasnt been reported, maybe I can try installing the Yahoo app and install a app the access and monitor port activity to identify the correct one... Hmmmm, this is something for me to try.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
another mission in life.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

bearone21 wrote:
another mission in life.

Troubleshooting is my pleasure, it is one part of my job that keeps me busy and I enjoy it.. :smileywink::smileyhappy:

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Toomer12m,

Are you getting any errors if logging in to your email from your PC? It sounds as if you are entering the incorrect password or username.

From what you describe, in my opinion, your best bet is to uninstall, then reinstall the email account on your device. This allows the email to verify your credentials and allow itself to be restored and usable.

Please view additional information about email on your Droid X here: http://support.vzw.com/pdf/email_setup/droid_x.pdf

I hope this information is helpful. Have a great day!

0 Likes
Weedydragon

None of these links works.  I have the same problem and I have uninstalled and installed Yahoo several times but am still unable to connect to my existing Yahoo account.  Please, any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes