LG Revolution - Multiple issues
fastfalling
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really like my new phone but I am having several issues, which are listed below. 

• Every once in a while, while doing something the phone will freeze on me.  When the phone unfreezes, all of the folders on the home screen are empty.  The shortcuts that I put in them are gone.  The programs are not uninstalled; just the short cuts within the folders removed.
  • I am having major issues with the GPS.  It has a hard time locating my location.  It shows me blocks if not miles away.  This happens with both the wifi turned on and turned off. This is also happening on my friend’s Thunderbolt. I have to do a battery pull to correct the issue. 
  • When ending a phone call, I have to hit the end button twice before the call ends.  Sometimes the phone freezes when ending a call as well. 
  • The phone has a hard time when it switches in and out of 3g/4g/wifi. 
  • 2-3 random restarts daily without even touching the phone.  Could be on the charger, on the desk.  It will also randomly restart while using it.
  • The autocorrect does not change i to I.  Also does not always recognize the username & password fields and will auto correct.  I have to go into settings and turn off the autocorrect. 
  • When I disconnect the phone from my computer it will not charge (nor indicate that it is charging) when hooked up to a wall charger until I do a battery pull.
  • When sliding up the unlock screen the phone will freeze for a minute or so. 

Please help. 

Re: LG Revolution - Multiple issues
fastfalling
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • Visual Voice Mail - I totally forgot to mention the most annoying issue of them all.  The Visual Voicemail does not remember my password/code.  It is always prompting to input my information. 
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry but can't help you, only to say Verizon will just tell you to do a factory reset on phone as they don't even know what to do and don't listen to the real problems and can't even have a forum for the Revolution. Good luck because the phone is new and they don't know all about the problems yet.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Are you using the Visual Voice Mail application or are you dialing *86 (or pressing and holding #1) to get to your voice mail? I ask since what you describe is not showing to be a known issue with the device. 

Please press the Visual Voice mail application and see if you are able to listen that way. If you are prompted to enter your information, please provide us with the details of what you see on your screen or hear on the call. 

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
fastfalling
Enthusiast - Level 2

As noted above.  It is when I am using the Visual Voice Mail app that was pre loaded on the phone.  I am not dialing *86.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

I regret to hear you are having these problems with your LG Revolution.I do want to ask a few questions in order to provide you will the best solution for your specific concerns.

• Do you happen to notice if you are any particular feature/function of the phone when it is freezing?
  • Do you get any error messages (Force Close)?
  • What GPS are you using? Is it VZ Navigator, GoogleMaps or a different 3rd party application?
  • Are you primarily using the Verizon network or WiFi when the device is randomly rebooting?
  • When you are charging via USB cable & wall charging are you making sure you go to Settings>Connectivity>Default Connection Mode (change it accordingly)
  • Go to Settings>Language & Keyboard>User Dictionary (add I to the list of words) at least until I can advise LG that it isn't working. Perhaps this can be resolved in a future update of the software.

0 Likes
fastfalling
Enthusiast - Level 2
Answers are below.
  • Do you happen to notice if you are any particular feature/function of the phone when it is freezing? - no
  • Do you get any error messages (Force Close)? - with facebook and cnet tv.
  • What GPS are you using? Is it VZ Navigator, GoogleMaps or a different 3rd party application? - google maps, but also notice this happens with places in FB and foursquare.
  • Are you primarily using the Verizon network or WiFi when the device is randomly rebooting? - this happens on 3g/4g/wifi
  • When you are charging via USB cable & wall charging are you making sure you go to Settings>Connectivity>Default Connection Mode (change it accordingly) - it only happens when I disconnect from the USB charging from the computer. 
  • Go to Settings>Language & Keyboard>User Dictionary (add I to the list of words) at least until I can advise LG that it isn't working. Perhaps this can be resolved in a future update of the software. - I have already done this and it still does not auto correct.

Not applicable

Hi Fastfalling: 

Thanks for getting back to us on the questions we asked you.  It sounds like you are having numerous issues. I'd like to stray away from the whole master reset thing if we could before we determine that one is necessary.  I searched through every issue I could find on the phone, and none are reported that you are mentioning (not to say that they don't exist though) aside from some general freezing.  

There's one important question that we need clarified as well:  Did the problems develop over time since you received the phone, or did they slowly progress towards worse over time.  The reason I need this question clarified, is if these issues are happening out of the box, they could be product issues that need escalated to the manufacturer so a software patch can be developed.  If they happened after several applications were downloaded/set up on the phone, it could be fixed with a master reset.  

Please let me know.  Also, if you've taken any additional steps between our clarification postings, please update us (for example, removing and redownloading apps, master resets, clearing cache, etc.). 

0 Likes
fastfalling
Enthusiast - Level 2

They started right from the get go.  I believe I have already tried a master reset once.  But didn't help.   I have also cleared the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled apps, all to no avail. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ok.  I would suggest exchanging the handset.  It sounds like it's defective.  Please PM me with your number if these issues persist, and I will get back with you as soon as possible.  You can also call the warranty number pre-stored in your contacts at (866) 406-5154. If you're within the first 14 days of purchasing the phone, you can exchange it at the store you purchased it.  If ordered from online or through our telesales department, we can exchange it through our customer service department. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

0 Likes