Droid problems (shutting off, not receiving charge)
saraNY

I've had no problems in the six months I've had my Droid Incredible, but in the last few days, it has been shutting off randomly.  In addition to that, it seems that now the device no longer recognizes charge (whether connected to the wall or my computer).  Has anyone else encountered these issues?  Appreciate any feedback

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid problems (shutting off, not receiving charge)
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Have you noticed that it stops charging when you move the phone or charging cord while it's charging? That's an indication of a bad cord.

If it just completely stops taking a charge no matter what, that could either mean a bad battery, or bad charging port. I would try another charger or USB cord first, and if that doesn't work, try a new battery. If that doesn't work, it's most likely the charging port on the phone itself, which means you will need a replacement. I'm not sure if the charging port is considered warranty or insurance, though.

Also, I wouldn't suggest using a computer to try to get a substantial charge out of it. Charging via computer is very slow, and does not charge near as well as a wall charger.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Droid problems (shutting off, not receiving charge)
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Have you noticed that it stops charging when you move the phone or charging cord while it's charging? That's an indication of a bad cord.

If it just completely stops taking a charge no matter what, that could either mean a bad battery, or bad charging port. I would try another charger or USB cord first, and if that doesn't work, try a new battery. If that doesn't work, it's most likely the charging port on the phone itself, which means you will need a replacement. I'm not sure if the charging port is considered warranty or insurance, though.

Also, I wouldn't suggest using a computer to try to get a substantial charge out of it. Charging via computer is very slow, and does not charge near as well as a wall charger.

0 Likes