4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2012 8:30 PM by KlaraLynn Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Stolen Phone!

jnwllms

My phone was stolen by some idiot that didn't know that he couldn't use my phone once it is reported as stolen. I deactivated it of course. Then my daughter tells me today that T-Mobile will "flash" my phone for the punk that stole it so that he/she can use it. That means that T-Mobile is supporting crime because I've seen people take phones into these "flash" kiosks and I just "KNEW' at times that some of the phones were "hot" (or stolen).

• 1. Re: Stolen Phone!
          vereyezuhn

T-Mobile cannot use Verizon's phones. Verizon is a CDMA network, while T-Mobile is GSM. The phones cannot be used on the other's network, flashed or not.

• 2. Re: Stolen Phone!
            budone

T-mobile will Flash an ATT Iphone

• 3. Re: Stolen Phone!

Thanks for the responses.  It is unfortunate that you lost your phone, you can PM your number and I can put the phone on the lost and stolen list for you.  If you’d like to activate another Verizon Wireless phone, simply dial *228 from the handset and follow the programming instructions.  Hope this helps.  Thank you.

• 4. Re: Stolen Phone!
                KlaraLynn

How on earth is this statement / practice legal on Cricket's website? When reporting to Verizon that my husband's brand new Galaxy S III was stolen I was told it was put on a stolen phone list and could never be reactivated by anyone but us.  Why would another provider encourage flashing?  Do they get notification of the stolen phone list?

Can I flash a phone to work on the Cricket network?

Yes, Cricket will activate any phone that's been flashed to work on the Cricket network.
                Cricket corporate stores currently do not flash phones to work on the Cricket network but many of the indirect dealer (both standard and premier) have the ability to flash a customer's phone, and most corporate stores will be able to tell a customer where to go to have their phones flashed to Cricket. To find a list of store locations, click here.
                If you choose to activate a non-Cricket phone on the Cricket network, there is a possibility that some of the phone features or service plan features may not operate. Additionally, flashed phones are not eligible for the Cricket Phone Replacement Program or Cricket Warranty Exchange Program.  Not all phones are capable of being flashed to work on the Cricket network.