Why are the Cell Phone numbers that show up on my statement not the numbers I am Texting to?
SueGoss

This has to do with texting only.  Lately I have noticed that a lot of the cell phone numbers we are texting to and from do not show up on the statement.  What shows up is a series of random numbers.  Why is this happening??? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why are the Cell Phone numbers that show up on my statement not the numbers I am Texting to?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
32665 is Facebook messaging - he's receiving messages and updates from Facebook. The others could be Yahoo messenger or another texting app that someone is using to text message him.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why are the Cell Phone numbers that show up on my statement not the numbers I am Texting to?
SueGoss

Re Text messaging.  I have noticed that a lot of the phone numbers are not phone numbers but just a random set of numbers.  0000265060, 0032665115, 0000032665, 0032665114.  These are people my son is texting to and receiving texts from.  Does this mean the person has a blocked phone number???

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
32665 is Facebook messaging - he's receiving messages and updates from Facebook. The others could be Yahoo messenger or another texting app that someone is using to text message him.
0 Likes
SueGoss

That is amazing!  I had no idea he could do that with his texting - I would have thought you needed a data package.  Thank you!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
You're welcome. You can do SOME updates, pictures, and messaging through Facebook without a data plan and only text messaging using Facebook mobile. It's not the full facebook experience, but it does keep you "in the loop" so to speak if you are away from a computer.
0 Likes